If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex IP routing destination

fcois93fcois93 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hello,
I have 2 gateways in my network, then I have to route to the right gateway to access the plex authentication servers, to be sure that the direct access is correctly configured.
you know the plex IP subnet please?

Answers

• brimurbrimur Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 16

Are you trying to run Plex behind a VPN? If so that is troublesome but possible, do a google search for it, there are many articles

• fcois93fcois93 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I connect through a LTE network, then private network.
    To be able to control a port translation from a public IP I do a reverse ssh tunnel.
    Then I can access my plex from a public address.
    But to trafic from my server to plex server doesn't use the route from the public address. then I have to know the plex IP destinations to route it through the same public address.
    When I don't use the same public address, plex saw my direct like goes through my LTE access, but I can't modify the NAT/PAT, it is a provider backbone router.

• fcois93fcois93 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I will do that solution:
    1. "tun SSH tunnel" to my public IP (ssh server). Then I will be able to Route it
    2. Route flex.tv to my ssh server through my SSH Tunnel (tun interface)