If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLEX crashes in library when displayed as folders

channbeckerchannbecker Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PLEX on my Kindle HDX, Fire OS 4.5.5.3.

Plex version, 6.15.2.4143

I am connecting to my server and it running Windows 10 version 1709 (build 16299.309)

Plex server version is 1.13.0.5023

I have multiple library's setup, Movies, TV, Music, Other Videos.

On the Kindle, I have a library that I prefer to view as folders. When the app is set to folder, going into the library will show the sub-folders. When clicking on one of the sub-folders, which should show the tiles for the files actually in the folder, the app crashes. By that I mean that the screen goes blank, then after 1 second or so the Kindle returns to the carousel.

If I set the view for the library to be by Movies, it displays the tiles for the movies from all sub-folders.

I have taken the library and formatted the physical layout several different ways. Library = 1 folder with many subs. Library = Many sub. Library = no subs. It has not made a difference.

I am looking for any suggestions on what to check or if anybody has any similar experience with the Kindle Plex app.

Tagged:

Answers

• maxyplexmaxyplex Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm facing a similar issue, did you receive feedback? cheers