If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote Access Error

donnyjenkinsdonnyjenkins Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I feel like I've read all the post on this form dealing with Remote Access Errors. I'm on Ubuntu 18.04, downloaded and installed the .deb file. I don't have a firewall turned on and I've forwarded ports in my router but I still get:

Not available outside your network
Your server is signed in to Plex, but is not reachable from outside your network.

Best Answer

Answers

• donnyjenkinsdonnyjenkins Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I checked my ports on canyouseeme.org and they are open.

• donnyjenkinsdonnyjenkins Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I don't know how to edit my replys so I'm posting another one. I've redone my port forwarding so many times trying to get this to work I either deleted it or didn't put the right port in. I swear it didn't work before but it works now. Thanks @tom80H

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,083Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

you're welcome ;)
    the edit men is hidden behind the gear icon in the top-right of each of your posts (next to the date/time).