If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Script Host hogging CPU

SystemSystem Posts: 284 Plex Employee
This discussion was created from comments split from: Plex Script Host is hogging my CPU which makes transcoding lag and buffer.

Comments

• dlb1742dlb1742 Posts: 2Members

I have this same issue but on windows. plexscripthost is using 25% cpu constantly. I am running and I5 6500 with the latest version of windows 10. I can stop the process with task manager, but it comes back after restart. I tried uninstalling and I deleted the metadata folder as well and the process persists.

• mrostas93mrostas93 Posts: 1Members

Gonna chime in and add that this is occurring to me as well. Windows 8.1, 15-20% cpu usage at all times. If I restart the server, there is no cpu usage for awhile (indeterminate, possibly 1-3 hours) until it eventually comes back again.

At this point I'm almost convinced plex is using my cpu to fold proteins or mine crypto or something. This is ridiculous.