If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex on FreeNAS with Jet Pack Hotspot

kirkdickinsonkirkdickinson Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Where I have been living, I have decent internet service connected to a wifi/router. I have a FreeNAS box that is running PLEX with a Plex Pass and have several accounts set up. I am moving to a new house with no wired internet available. I have a Jet Pack hot spot, but the problem with that is how to connect it and build a network.

I know some of the pre-built Plex systems have networking built in, but this FreeNAS is a workhorse with Quad Xeon and 16GB of RAM. It can fully transcode 4 streams at a time If I need it to. If the FreeNAS box could

I don't think that the Jet Pack will work as a real router so I probably need to have an actual router set up. What I don't know how to do is get it all set up and working. Ideally, I think I need a wifi bridge to connect the Jet Pack to a real wifi router where I can plug in the FreeNAS box, Apple TV, Vizio TV, etc...

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks