If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OpenPHT / Synology NAS - some files won't play

hannahbananahannahbanana Posts: 28Members ✭✭
edited May 17 in OpenPHT

Hello all
I have a few files that just don't seem to want to open on PHT.
Am on OSX 10.13.4, OpenPHT up is to date. Server runs on a Mac mini, files stored on a sinology NAS.

• they play on another server I have running at my parents house without an issue, so don't think it's a codec / format thing
  • Have had a look at the logs, don't understand what I'm looking at but these entries stood out to me:

NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: /Users/Hannah/PLEX/___h/elementary-/_elementary - season 06/elementary - s06e01 - an.infinite.capacity.for.taking.pains - hdtv-720p.x264.ac3-dimension.mkv
19:28:59 T:140735970734976 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://192-168-0-122.12169f7696024b18a6e990a923e5c3a7.plex.direct:32400/library/streams/1207757?encoding=utf-8&X-Plex-Token=SECRETSTUFF

ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plexserver://4af38d0fec53362d7daf2d411cd9f548b8812b62/library/metadata/214819]

Is anybody able to point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Answers

• hannahbananahannahbanana Posts: 28Members ✭✭

Anybody able to help out here?

• lukecrolukecro Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 25

Is the server at your parent’s house pointing back to the same Synology, or is it looking at another copy of the file on a local drive there? The reason I ask is just to rule out file currption....

I’m using a similar set up - I store all media on a Synology NAS, but use a Mac Mini as my server (and for OpenPHT playback)...

The only time I’ve run into a similar error, it turned out the file was currupt... Like, when it got moved to the Synology, something had interrupted the move and it ended up being a few MB’s short of a complete file...

Quick checks to ensure the file itself is okay: Try opening it up using a program like VLC... Fast forward to a couple of points in the video, to make sure it doesn’t crash out at some point.

Another check would be to attempt playback using the same Plex server, but playing on the Plex.tv browser/web view ... If it plays in the Web, then the playback problem may be specific to your OpentPHT... But if Plex web playback also fails, it’s not a OpenPHT problem - it could be a file problem, or general Plex issue, currption on your local Plex server (e.g., moving the file out and back in, or renaming it, and then rescanning could knock it back into shape) ...

Here’s a Kodi thread that references the same sort of problem as you’re having, with a very similar log entry... In this case it turned out to simply be a Permissions issue:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=108560