Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Becomes Unresponsive Sporadically

nizsmonizsmo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Hi All

Just seeking some help with this, my Plex in general works well however sporadically will become unresponsive and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to this so I am trying to see assistance in finding out the root cause.

The menu bar Plex icon does not freeze, I can still click it to quit and relaunch.
The "quick fix" is obviously to quit and relaunch and everything will be fine, but would really like to know why this is happening.

The crash happened somewhere in between the time of 8pm - 9pm, 18th May 2018.

Secondary Question: Is there a script that lets us re-launch Plex without actually accessing the server desktop?

Attached here are the logs.
Thanks in advance!
Joe

Answers

• nizsmonizsmo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

No-one experiencing the same behaviour as me?

• dpasaricdpasaric Members Posts: 1

Same here! It seem like one of last updates as it run smoothly for years.

• BeenaBeena Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

here too - no issues for many years, this started a week or two ago