Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex not starting up on boot - TrueOS - Free BSD 12.0, PlexMediaServer-1.13.0.5023-

gautamdasgautamdas Members Posts: 3

I have tried the following without success-

• Added a file /etc/local.d/plexmediaserver.start
    Contents of plexmediaserver.start is
    root@TrueOS:/etc/local.d # cat plexmediaserver.start

!/bin/sh

cd /usr/local/share/plexmediaserver && ./start.sh &

And in /etc/rc.conf added
plexmediaserver_enable="YES"

I can run /etc/local.d/plexmediaserver.start manually and plex services start up.

I have tested stopping and starting the local service and it is able to stop/start the samba services but not plex.

Can someone tell me what I am missing.

Thanks,

Answers

• mikec_ptmikec_pt Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 602 Plex Employee

I would suggest looking into the FreeBSD port rc.d scrip version and mimic the behaviour, thats probably the best way to get it to work.

• gautamdasgautamdas Members Posts: 3

I rolled back to plexmediaserver-1.11.3.4803 which is packaged correctly for FreeBSD.
    Now I can start/stop plex using the proper "service plexmediaserver start/stop/status" commands.
    However the service still refuses to start on boot. I will need to do more debugging. Seems like a TrueOS issue. I am certain it works fine on FreeBSD.

• gautamdasgautamdas Members Posts: 3

Today pc-updatemanager ran and after reboot all is well. plexmediaserver is starting up on boot, Yay....