Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to delete media when using Samsung TV Plex App

Answers

• Sioux142Sioux142 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Interesting,

Thank you for your post.

I think most of us seemed to update to Plex App version 2.011 and PMS version 1.13.2.5102 quite close together and it was difficult to pinpoint the exact source of the problem.

If you were on Samsung Plex App version 2.011 running an older PMS version and it was working fine and then updated to PMS version 1.13.2.5102 and then had the issue, then it would point to PMS Plex App version 1.13.2.5102 being the culprit.

I'm hoping @Orca and @MovieFan.Plex see your post as that might give them a steer in the right direction,

Many thanks again,

Stephen

• thoreirik@gmail.comthoreirik@gmail.com Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Actually I was still running the Samsung Plex App version 2.009. I updated it just now, but I still can't dele files.

And the new version of the Samsung app screwed up the sound. There's just crackling noise. Seems like my love affair with Plex is coming to an end.

Sorry for the last off topic remark. I was just getting a bit frustrated. Seems like the crackling noise is a problem with the Dolby Digital output, if I select PCM+DTS it seems to work. But that's not a concern for this thread!

• cowbawxcowbawx Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 10

I have the same problem too. Latest PMS and 2.011. Started after server upgrade, not app update. Hope orca can come out of retirement to fix it. :)

• CK62CK62 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just updated the server software to Version 1.13.2.5154 and ran into the same problem as well. TV is on the latest version of the Samsung Smart TV app. I can still delete from my Samsung Android smart phone, but lost the ability to delete from the TV with the "update" of the server app.

• kevoxkevox Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just adding my voice to the chorus. Was deleting individual files with the trash can icon just fine until a few days ago. I noticed a rather quick update this morning and hoped it would fix the issue - but no.

Interestingly, I can delete individual episodes using the "blue" (delete) key in the season view.

@thoreirik@gmail.com said:
    Actually I was still running the Samsung Plex App version 2.009. I updated it just now, but I still can't dele files.

Excellent.

So Plex App version 2.009 and 2.011 worked fine before PMS version 1.13.2.5102.

Then PMS version 1.13.2.5102 arrived and neither Plex App version 2.009 and 2.011 allowed file deletion.

Really starting to look like the problem is with PMS version 1.13.2.5102 and not the App on the TV.......

@CK62 said:
    I just updated the server software to Version 1.13.2.5154 and ran into the same problem as well. TV is on the latest version of the Samsung Smart TV app. I can still delete from my Samsung Android smart phone, but lost the ability to delete from the TV with the "update" of the server app.

I've just performed an incremental PMS update from

Version 1.13.2.5102 to Version 1.13.2.5152 - still unable to delete from Samsung Plex App

then

Version 1.13.2.5152 to Version 1.13.2.5154 - still unable to delete from Samsung Plex App

Definitely starting to look like the issue started with PMS v1.13.2.5102

For info,

Stephen

• maortrolmaortrol Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    edited June 10

I have faced this issue too, in both latest versions: v1.13.2.5142 and v1.13.2.5154...
    My TV is a Samsung UE65HU7100.

• andonevrisandonevris Posts: 10Members ✭✭

I just encounters this today as well. Have always had my settings to be able to delete and have successfully been doing so for years.

Today I tried and got an error from the Samsung tv app but the same file deleted immediately from the Android app

• juaniiigjuaniiig Posts: 2Members

Same problem here with latest PMS Update and tv app 2.011

• FoolzatchFoolzatch Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Concur with unable to delete from Samsung TV app, please fix.

• SerabileSerabile Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Same problem after update. UE32H6400AWXXC

• SerabileSerabile Posts: 9Members ✭✭

@Serabile said:
    Same problem after update. UE32H6400AWXXC

Update post.
    If I click on the trash can icon, don't erase media.
    But, if I enter a TV Shows, where there are several chapters, if I press the blue button, (delete), work without problems.

• bob31@cox.netbob31@cox.net Posts: 1Members

Samsung 60 inch TV Model Code:UN60H6350AFXZA uninstalled Plex App and reinstalled with version 2.011 Pms 1.13.2.5154-fd05be322 . Also does not work on Samsung 40 inch TV Model: UN40H6350 running Plex App version 2.009 Pms 1.13.2.5154-fd05be322 . So it is a server update problem was working fine until I updated server. And still works on Roku Streaming Stick 5.3.4.4700-6eba3ab84-Plex

@orca This is more looking like the problem is with PMS and not the actual Samsung Plex App itself. Would this thread need moved to the PMS discussion section or do you know who to bring this to the attention of on the PMS side of things to get this looked at and hopefully fixed,

Stephen

• Bruno237Bruno237 Posts: 1Members

Same problem here with on Samsung UN32F5500 with PMS 1.13.2.5154

• maortrolmaortrol Posts: 9Members ✭✭

@Sioux142 said:
    @orca This is more looking like the problem is with PMS and not the actual Samsung Plex App itself. Would this thread need moved to the PMS discussion section or do you know who to bring this to the attention of on the PMS side of things to get this looked at and hopefully fixed,

Stephen

Not sure if that's possible. In the Contact Section, if you choose "Support", it says:
    "Looking for Technical Support?We have documentation, answers to common questions, guides, friendly forums, and more. Support questions submitted through the contact form will go unanswered".

• motormousemotormouse Posts: 1Members

same here. can delete from anywhere else. setting is checked. after reinstalling my samsung tv app cannot remove media. looks like a bug with either the app or the servers certification with the ap