Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

My home user is not getting the Plex pass experience fully in latest iOS app

cahujacahuja Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
in iOS

I have a lifetime plex pass subscription. My wife is a user in my home. She is supposed to have camera upload enabled on her iOS device. However, on the latest upgrade, it won't show camera upload as an option. It does not show upgrade as an option either. On previous versions of the app, this was working, but the latest app upgrade broke it.

I have tried the following debugging steps -
* Reinstalled the plex app
* Remove her from my home and re-add her

If I switch to myself, we can see Camera upload as an option in the settings, but not otherwise.

Answers

• DaveBinMDaveBinM Posts: 1,394Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Do you have camera upload enabled under the restrictions in your Plex Home for your wife?

Server: Intel Hades Canyon NUC (NUC8i7HNK) [i7-8705G, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 500GB NVMe PCIe SSD]
    Storage: Synology DS1815+ [HGST DeskStar 3TB x 2, HGST DeskStar 6TB x 2, HGST DeskStar 8TB x 2, and HGST DeskStar 10TB x 2]
    Clients: Plex Media Player (Mac). Plexamp. iPhone. iPad. Apple TV. PS4. Android. Android TV. Web.

Help: Support | PMS Logs | PMP Logs | iOS Logs | Media XML

No PMs unless directly requested.

• cahujacahuja Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, I do have camera upload enabled until the restrictions in my plex home for my wife.

• DaveBinMDaveBinM Posts: 1,394Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Could you post some logs please, so we can investigate? :)

Server: Intel Hades Canyon NUC (NUC8i7HNK) [i7-8705G, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 500GB NVMe PCIe SSD]
    Storage: Synology DS1815+ [HGST DeskStar 3TB x 2, HGST DeskStar 6TB x 2, HGST DeskStar 8TB x 2, and HGST DeskStar 10TB x 2]
    Clients: Plex Media Player (Mac). Plexamp. iPhone. iPad. Apple TV. PS4. Android. Android TV. Web.

• Kenzob73Kenzob73 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 1

I am seeing the same issue for home users, but only on the iPhone. My iPad does still show the camera upload feature. I have done the same, removed and re-installed the Plex app. Oddly enough, it appears to work on my daughter iPhone under her managed user id. iOS logs attached.

I uploaded my logs and no response. Anybody going to help out here?

@kenborg@gmail.com Sorry, still been investigating this :)

• TadCooperTadCooper Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the same issue. since installing the latest IOS client. (14194) Camera Upload is enabled on the users on the server. Camera Upload is not even an option under settings on the IOS client. By reinstalling and clearing the Camera upload cash I was able to get it to appear and sync once. The next time I opened the app, Camera upload was not available from settings and sync is not working again.

@DaveBinM Any luck?

We've been able to reproduce this, and are now tracking it internally. :)

Thanks for the report!

via Email
    Excellent, looking forward to the resolution.
  • Jason's MediaJason's Media Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same exact problem with an IOS device. Looking forward to the fix.