Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

LG - WebOS 3.5 - factory Plex player app does not show any live TV content or options

PanozguyPanozguy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Is this normal? I have a supported Hauppauge WinTV dual installed and working fine for Plex web and IOS clients, but the built in (factory store) Plex client for LG does not show any Guide or 'what's on now' or anything related to live TV. If I use the LG WebOS browser (which is like the worst browser ever) and navigate to the server IP directly, effectively as a Plex web client, it's there. Horrible experience in that browser to basically unwatchable, but at least the option is there and it does work. Is there some sort of limitation in the LG Plex app that disables live TV from being streamed to it, or am I going nuts? Thanks in advance for your help.

Panoz

Best Answer

• markus101markus101 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 214 Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

Live TV is not currently supported in the LG app. This is something we're working to support in the v2 app.

Answers

• PanozguyPanozguy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Neither does X-Play work for this. Is this a feature, lol? The only clients that seem to work are the Roku Plex app and the IOS app. I feel like I missed something somewhere. Thanks for any help.

• markus101markus101 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 214 Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

Live TV is not currently supported in the LG app. This is something we're working to support in the v2 app.

• PanozguyPanozguy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

@markus101 said:

Awesome. Thank you for the response.

• sydtrakkedsydtrakked Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Any idea when this v2 will be released? My app says it's Version 2.1.0 but my app seems to be missing a lot of features present on other devices.

• jmelz28jmelz28 Members Posts: 46 ✭✭

I'm hoping for this answer as well - I've reported bugs in the new interface, subtitle transcode setting missing (this is the cause of the subtitles causing videos to fail to play), as well as interface issues. .… some sort of a timeline would be helpful...

Sorry the numbering is a bit awkward. I mean the Early Access app, which is currently version 3.51.1 and available to all users with webOS 3+ UHD TVs at this time. We're looking to expand that to include webOS 2 UHD TVs as well (aiming for sometime next week, but that may change).

I can't provide an ETA when the new app will be available on all LG devices.

subtitle transcode setting missing (this is the cause of the subtitles causing videos to fail to play

It's not missing as much as it's a current technical limitation, which affects most clients; it's not limited to LG. We're looking at what our options are to address this in a consistent, reliable way, I get that "we're working on it" probably isn't the answer you want, but it's on our minds and we can't provide an ETA on when it'll be addressed.

• htfishhtfish Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Wish it was made clear the LG webOS TV OLED55B7T plex app doesn't show live tv before I received the new hdhomerun quad tuner HDHR5-4DT(AU). Can't even cast from android app like i can with a chromecast I have hooked up to a dumb tv in the bedroom. Good job! Plex as a whole (android apps included which is slow & buggy) is not a good solution for live tv.