Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Podcast cut after approx 30 minute of listening.

Karl BlixtKarl Blixt Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited June 6 in Podcasts

I've never listened to podcasts for some reason but the new feature peeked my curiosity. So I've started to listen to "hello internet" by two of my favorite YouTube selebrities.

However, every 30 minutes or so the podcasts cut to the latest not listened to podcast in the series. I'm not sure if the time is consistently the same but I know it's roughly every 30 minutes. It also fails to remember where it cut so it's been a bit annoying to listen to 1.5 - 2h episodes. (I'm on the 1.13.2. 5102 server version and a oneplus one 3T latest update)

Anyone else had any similar issues?

Answers

• katsimbriskatsimbris Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same. (On Android - on cell connection; haven't tried on wifi)

• astrosocastrosoc Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 14

This is an issue that keeps cropping ip when listening to general audio over 30 minutes in duration.

Good luck in trying to get the plex team to listen to the bug report...

• Karl BlixtKarl Blixt Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 14

Yeah, well I'm starting to get seriously fed up with plex. I've done some serious testing in emby.

Emby seems to be the superior product although it have some minor annoyances that the plex team have polished away.

Emby is far from perfect but right now the pro and cons weight in favor of emby. However, I'll never Uninstall plex because subzero is so god damn good. Wonder if it would be diffecult to port to emby.

Plex is a brilliant solution for the uninitiated. But for enthusiasts like me emby is edging it out for me currently. The only really major feature I'll miss is thumbnails with scrubbing.

• toleecktoleeck Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yes, after listening about 17-18 minutes, jumps to the next podcast.
    8.0 android phone, the most current version of the server and applications on the phone.

сервер 1: hp microserver gen8 xeon 1270v2, xpenology DSM 6.1.7-15284, pms 1.13.2.5154-x86
    сервер 2 (vps): 1,7 Ghz, 1 Gb, debian 8, pms 1.13.2.5154-x86
    клиенты: rpi 2/3 (libreelec + PlexKodiConnect), android, windows10