Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New app update - Missing libraries

soodvarunsoodvarun Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
in iOS

I got new Plex app update on iPhone and iPad. It has new interface with Home, Movies and Other Video at the bottom(along with other buttons).
For some reason I can only see ONE "Other video" library. How do I access all other video libraries that I have created in plex server? Both plex server and apps and totally up to date with new versions.

Best Answer

• ArdenusArdenus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 44 Plex Pass
    edited June 11 Accepted Answer

@raghu01 said:
    Thanks @tom80H, I still can't find what I am looking for.
    @Ardenus
    Click on the drop down menu located on the top left corner (small triangle)
    I don't see anything on the left, in this lay out, I have 3 options,
    turn off/on library.
    re order libraries
    Done on top right.
    I don't see an option to select required library, may be this is present in iPad but not iPhone?

The drop dow triangle for the sub menu on the iphone is located in the middle at the top.
    (its located top left on the iPad)
    Click the triangle that the red arrow is pointing at to access the sub menus.

Answers

• raghu01raghu01 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 58 Plex Pass

I have the same problem, Home Videos library files appear in Other videos library, Other videos don't appear, but if I search I can find other videos. I tried to tap on More, edit, Home videos library doesn't show up.

edited June 11
    1. Navigate to the More tab.
    2. Select other videos.
    3. Click on the drop down menu located on the top left corner of the iPad or top middle for iPhone (small triangle).
    4. Select required library.

Unfortunately the V5 library system is very fragmented and counterintuitive. I really hate it.

• tom80Htom80H Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,273 Plex Pass
    edited June 11

@Ardenus
    turn off/on library.
    re order libraries
    Done on top right.
    I don't see an option to select required library, may be this is present in iPad but not iPhone?

edited June 11 Accepted Answer

@raghu01 said:
    @Ardenus
    turn off/on library.
    re order libraries
    Done on top right.

The drop dow triangle for the sub menu on the iphone is located in the middle at the top.
    (its located top left on the iPad)
    Click the triangle that the red arrow is pointing at to access the sub menus.

• brennanjohnsonmusic@gmail.combrennanjohnsonmusic@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

This is such a dumb design. It’s so convoluted.

• aterbuaterbu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

If i navigate to more (...) then i only get Photos, News, Podcasts, Plug-ins and Live TV to chose from - there is no Other Videos?

I‘m on latest iOS Plex version.

Hi @Ardenus thanks for getting back to me on this, I don't see the drop down/arrow you are pointing to on my iOS app, I am sure I have the latest app, see screen shot attached.

• aterbuaterbu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I didn‘t see it in the first place as well on iPhone. As on Home screen it‘s missing the drop-down arrow (odd design decision).

Tap on „Movies“ in the bar below. Then on next screen you should see the drop-down arrow on the top bar now. Tap it and your movie/video related libraries should be there to chose.

Why this design decisions where considered necessary by the team, no one knows...

@aterbu still no luck, I will wait for next iOS app update to fix this issue.

• generiousgenerious Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

The app went from nice and easy and quick to use to complete and utter trash.

OP I had the same problem jumping through hoops to access my libraries now.