Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

LG app "early access" (3.51.1)

simonbcnsimonbcn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 38 Plex Pass

Yesterday I saw this new option (Enable early access) and activated it.
The new interface seems more elegant and modern to me.
And finally, when I resume a chapter of a TV show, I can go straight to the next chapter (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/285553/lg-tv-resume-a-series).

PMS 1.13.2.5142 on Arch Linux
Plex for LG 3.51.1

But I've saw several errors:
1. In the info about every chapter in a TV show, the image overlays part of the text.

1. Yesterday I was seeing a chapter of TV show and often (very briefly) a message would appear in the middle of the screen: "Buffering". With the stable version it doesn't happen.

2. What's the point of showing empty categories? I don't use, and don't think I will use, Plex to play music or view photos. Why do these categories appear to me?

Comments

• jmelz28jmelz28 Members Posts: 46 ✭✭

I agree with your findings, and I'm glad you included pics. I was about to post showing the same bug with tv shows.

• markus101markus101 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 214 Plex Employee

The first issue will be fixed in the next early access update (aiming for next week, but not confirmed).

The second issue is undergoing some changes, so while it's the expected behaviour right now we plan to improve it.

• deWitteHonddeWitteHond Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Hi, Im using the early access and I agree the UI is a nice improvement. Thanks! There is a defect that I am running into. Still working out the exact steps to reproduce but the result is that the plex app somehow loses its authentication/authorization and needs to be “reset”, meaning another trip to plex.tv/link. If I can figure out exactly what triggers this event I will augment this posting.

PMS Version 1.13.2.5154 Debian 9.2
    Plex for LG 3.51.1
    LG software version 05.30.03
    TV Model OLED65B6P

• warlockukwarlockuk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

The early access app is pretty great so far. A few observations / questions / comments
    1) Sometimes it fails to login - there's no retry, just a 'reset' option so I have to reconnect to my account. Might be just the app, might be me enabling TrueHD passthrough - no idea.
    2) It's great - the only app to passthrough TrueHD/Atmos and play hevc without trying to transcode
    3) I wish there were a setting for maybe increasing the buffer in some capacity. Sometimes playing video at 50-60mbps has 'buffering' every few seconds over LAN.
    4) What does 'manual servers' do? I've set my local LAN ip but... does it do anything? Is there any benefit to setting it?

PMS Version 1.13.2.5154 Ubuntu 64-bit
    LG software version 3.51.1
    TV Model OLED55C7V

• dhstreamdhstream Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

It doesn't work well at all for me. Very slow, errors, remote scrolling doesn't work.
    How can I revert back? If I click "Leave early access" nothing happens.

• michaelthomsonmichaelthomson Members, Plex Pass Posts: 64 Plex Pass

Where is this 'enable early access' option? Is it someone in the Plex LG app on the TV, or somewhere else?

• jmelz28jmelz28 Members Posts: 46 ✭✭

It is available via the menu in plex on the tv... I click my name and it shows "enable early access"

• ThekitThekit Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

I still wish an additional button for MP4 Playlist in the column video

QNAP TS251+ / PLEX Server V1.13.0.5023-31d3c0c65_x86_64 / Plex for LG 3.13.20 / TV LG OLED55E7N

• Fabian SchalleFabian Schalle Members Posts: 2

I can’t play .alac files. MP3s are not a Problem.
    Nice design, but a bit slow.

• TomHTomH Members, Plex Pass Posts: 38 Plex Pass

It looks like a big improvement over the current version, however, it loses its sign in details so have to reset after each power cycle. Also, collections appear to be empty

• ThekitThekit Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

Mit Early Access ist kein Streaming mit 4K möglich...nur Buffering und das Bild wird verfälscht angezeigt. Schaltet man auf die alte App zurück, dann läuft alles bestens.
    Hier muss deutlich nachgebessert werden.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    With Early Access no Streaming with 4K possibly ... is only Buffering and the picture is indicated distortedly. If one shifts back on the old App., everything runs very well.
    Here it must be amended clearly.

QNAP TS251+ / PLEX Server V1.13.0.5023-31d3c0c65_x86_64 / Plex for LG 3.13.20 / TV LG OLED55E7N

• michaelthomsonmichaelthomson Members, Plex Pass Posts: 64 Plex Pass

I'm guessing this 'early access' feature(?) is only available on more recent version of WebOS. My 2016 LG TV doesn't have this option in the Plex App, I'm still seeing the same 2016 version I've seen for a long time.

• simonbcnsimonbcn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 38 Plex Pass

I had to go back to the stable version because this version is unusable. Sometimes very slow. Sometimes it loses the login:

Sometimes it fails to login - there's no retry, just a 'reset' option so I have to reconnect to my account.