Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote Acces don´t work

Sode-OlsenSode-Olsen Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had a Synology Ds918+ with Plex server running. I had setup uPnP on the box and the router (Asus RT88U) has enable the port forwarding. I can see the list of ports in the router. I am using 32400 (standard). But I can´t get it works with remote access :-( I had reset the Asus router. But it don´t help. NB. I am running with static IP on the wan interface. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 11,040Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

In your router, make sure you create a Port Forward rule using TCP, port 32400 and it points to your NAS IP Address.

Then in Plex settings > server > remote access > show advanced enable 'Manually specify Public port and leave it set to 32400. Click on apply, then click on Save Changes.

Restart Plex and if all is well you should have remote access. If not, then you may need to contact your ISP and ask them if they are blocking any ports or if they use CGNAT at all.

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks
  • Sode-OlsenSode-Olsen Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Dear Andy M.
    I had fix it. After I had talk to the ISP and the ISP has reset the line. And I also reset the Asus router and when the Synology box, it works. :-).Now the remote access is green.

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 11,040Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I'm glad to hear that.

Happy Plexing! :)

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks