Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Server Doesn't Find Shows - just picture of a shark

eminitradereminitrader Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
in iOS

Been using Plex on my PC and Ipad for years. Never had any issues. Today, on my ipad it has a new update. I am logged in ok because my username is up on top. When I click on shows I see a picture of a shark watching TV and I click "add library". It takes me to a website with a video... I've tried everything.

Not happy at ALL with this new update - is there a way to simply watch my existing movies/tv shows like I always have?
Thanks

Answers

• HathmanHathman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

I am experiencing similar issues. When i first open the app each time, i get the "offline" notation on all my home screen items and when i navigate to Movies or Shows i get the shark. Clearly the app is having trouble connecting to my Plex Server. This never used to happen with the previous app. What's worse is that there's nothing you can do to troubleshoot. You're just dead in the water. What i did find out though was that if I wait for a couple minutes, eventually it will connect to my plex server and everything shows up. Why the delay? What is this new app doing that causes this problem? I don't want all the new bells and whistles so if these new bells and whistles are causing the problem then I say they made a big mistake putting out this upgrade without giving users the ability to choose what they want to use for features. Let's hope they fix it soon.

• dehonidehoni Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Experiencing the same issue for Movies. Everything else works fine but when I select Movies on my server, I get the Shark and a "check your connection" message. I can view movies on every friends server but for some reason not mine. I'll keep tracking hoping someone posts a possible resolution.

Btw, if I select any of the movies from the Home screen, either On Deck or Recently Added, it works fine.

• Olivierb67Olivierb67 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Hi
    My Plex server is located on an WD home cloud and I access it via the IOS app on my iPhone or a fire TV stick plex app on my tv.
    I could acces and play my music , as usual but no movies , before the last update it works really fine
    Somebody encountered the same problem ?
    Also via safari with web plex apps I have the same results.
    Music yes movie not , I get this failure: Fehlercode: h4 (Codec) ??
    I’m very disappointed after years of smooth watching:(