Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

plex needs to reload upon every launch

ideasman69ideasman69 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass
edited June 11 in NVIDIA SHIELD

Hi guys,

When i first got the shield, the plex experience was awesome. Recently it's been a bit of a let down.. the most annoying issue is when we open up plex, it shows us the little PLEX logo, then a bigger PLEX logo, an empty screen which eventually populates with the library. I think this is also affecting the recommended items on the home screen of the shield as it no longer shows newly added shows unless we open up plex (pretty useless!)

When we used to open up plex, our library would just be there instantly - when did this change? Or is it something i can fix on my end? I'm running the latest plex server docker on a synology box.

The other issue is when trying to start some media, it just hangs with the spinning loading icon. We usually have to go back and try to start the media again.

Needless to say - these are two pretty painful bugs to the point where we're thinking about moving away from the shield for plex.

I won't bother getting into why the interface feels super old vs plex media player on PC or the appleTV version but hey, what can we do. When i first bought the shield it was supposed to be the best plex player but i reckon they've neglected it for appleTV :neutral: