Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Server not available after upgrading to PlexMediaServer 1.13.2.5142

mbaiermbaier Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Hi - I have been using Plex for years now with my Synology DS513+ without issues. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded to the latest version 1.13.2.5142 and noticed that none of my players (Apple TV 4th Gen nor locally on my iMac) could see the Plex server anymore. In the synology package center it tells me that the server is running.

The only thing that helps is reinstalling an older version of Plex. I am currently back to 1.13.0.5023 which works fine.

Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is ?

Thanks for any advice

Answers

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,836Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

please do the following:

1. Control Panel - Shared Folders - Give your username R/W permission to access the Plex share
    2. Install 5142 in Package Center
    3. Open the IP addr of your Syno in the browser. I suspect it's not signing in automatically.
    4. If successful, sign it in.
    5. Stop PMS
    6. Open File Station, Navigate Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server
    7. Right click Logs and Compress to Logs.zip
    8. Please attach that zip file with your next post

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

• mbaiermbaier Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Ok - here is the log. I installed the latest version 1.13.2.5154 and am now getting the message "server unavailable". Thanks for any help !

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 11,040Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

From your logs:

Jun 17, 2018 20:17:01.836 [0xf3eca780] DEBUG -  * 3 eth0 (192.168.0.79) (loopback: 0)
    Jun 17, 2018 20:17:01.836 [0xf3eca780] DEBUG -  * 7 bond0 (192.168.0.84) (loopback: 0)

The above shows that you have two Ethernet connections, one bonded and one unbonded.

You cannot run more than one Ethernet connection unless all of the connections are bonded and the bond is using Load Balancing or you have a Managed Network Switch that uses LAG and LACP.

If you are unable to meet the above, then disconnect all but one Ethernet connection. Plex will not work with multiple IP Addresses/Ethernet connections.

Once you have corrected the above, stop Plex from running on the NAS, then open File Station and navigate to: Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server and delete plexmediaserver.pid (if it exists) and Preferences.xml.

If you do not see the Plex folder in File Station, then see Q7a on the Synology FAQ's page, link in my signature.

Restart Plex on the NAS, then type http://Your-NAS-IP-Address:32400/web into your browser and don't forget to bookmark it.

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks