Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New Layout is HORRIBLE pt2

DavenLCDavenLC Members, Plex Pass Posts: 47 Plex Pass
edited June 12 in Android (mobile)

If no body likes it... scrap it... put the old layout back which was EASY to navigate, You can find your Libraries EASY, and you can keep your Servers SEPERATE.

80486 -DX4 120 MHz, 32Mb Ram, 20mb HDD, CD-ROM 2x speed. 56k modem.

Comments

• missionspartamissionsparta Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 338 Plex Pass

I like it.

• UirioUirio Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

@DavenLC said:
    If no body likes it... scrap it... put the old layout back which was EASY to navigate, You can find your Libraries EASY, and you can keep your Servers SEPERATE.

Really a mess. And what about synced content ? Where is it ? The filter does not work ... Really disappointing :/

• LuvmyriiLuvmyrii Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

The app layout lack customization and doesn't make sense.

On the homescreen We can set "recently released movies", but we can't set "recently released music" (nobody knows why, they just decided it was going to be like this).

So we have the homescreen already filled with "recently played", "recently added" stuff.
    Why the hell when i go into the specific section like movies, shows and music i still have another layer of "recently added, played that i can't remove ?

You can reorder the home screen partially, but you can't reorder anyhting else.

Why not Add the filter on the homescreen so we can have each lines filtered the way we want so we're not bound to a handful of unappealing options.

It would be great if we can customize the homescreen the way we want:

Movies filtered by released date

Music filtered by released date

Shows filtered by name

Photos filtered by date

and maybe a checkbox somewhere to show : all movies, all music, all shows when i go into a specific section effectively bypassing the first layer with: recently added/played and maybe dock the playlist line either on top or bottom in each section, and not right there in the middle.

• missionspartamissionsparta Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 338 Plex Pass

@Luvmyrii said:
    The app layout lack customization and doesn't make sense.

On the homescreen We can set "recently released movies", but we can't set "recently released music" (nobody knows why, they just decided it was going to be like this).

So we have the homescreen already filled with "recently played", "recently added" stuff.
    Why the hell when i go into the specific section like movies, shows and music i still have another layer of "recently added, played that i can't remove ?

You can reorder the home screen partially, but you can't reorder anyhting else.

Why not Add the filter on the homescreen so we can have each lines filtered the way we want so we're not bound to a handful of unappealing options.

It would be great if we can customize the homescreen the way we want:

Movies filtered by released date

Music filtered by released date

Shows filtered by name

Photos filtered by date

and maybe a checkbox somewhere to show : all movies, all music, all shows when i go into a specific section effectively bypassing the first layer with: recently added/played and maybe dock the playlist line either on top or bottom in each section, and not right there in the middle.

Thanks

If I had to guess, that's coming. Plex is slow to update anything, unfortunately.

• STWallmanSTWallman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 98 Plex Pass

The new interface is crap..at least give the option for users to switch back to the old version.

I also agree with what someone said in a prior post - why not offer the newer version as a "beta" - let people play around with it and see how they like it?

You could get valuable feedback without pissing off your user base...it seems like Plex never understands this...

• Dominic MondelloDominic Mondello Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass
    edited June 13

I rolled back to v6.X until they fix that mess, and if they don't fix it and decide, for some reason, to make v6.X unusable at some point and shove the new app down my throat, I'll cancel my Plex subscription renewal and look elsewhere.

That new UX is a regression on so many levels...

When it's not broken, don't fix it!

• remickjbremickjb Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I switched back to the old version myself. The reason is that the "home" screen constantly showed content from another server that is inaccessible from my home. My home screen was full of offline content with no way that I could find to change it. If I could've just changed the server like in the old version or like you can in the movies and TV sections it would've been fine for me. Loading the app to have an eyeful of offline content was super annoying.

• ThePoagThePoag Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    edited June 13

If they are going to force the UI change. At least let us have the option to merge on decks, recently added and recently aired for the servers we are the owners of. I really don't need to know that both of my servers have added the same content, I already know...that's how I set them up.

(I have diabolical net at home, thus a home and 'outside' server)

I understand i may have a fairly niche setup. But for most people i've spoken to, they dont care which server the content comes from so long as its quick and easy to get. Having the trawl two+ lists for what they are looking for is counter intuitive.

Create merged 'On Deck, Recently Added, Recently Aired and Continue Watching' lists. Once they tap on play then make them choose a server to play it from or 'auto' for quickest responding.
    Much simpler for end users to grasp whats going on, more intuitive 'everything' is the same place and less taps to switch between servers for content.

• STWallmanSTWallman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 98 Plex Pass

One of my big beefs is that they combined all the movie and TV libaries together into the buttons on the bottom (and relegated "other" videos to be buried).

I have a variety of different Movie and TV show libraries - (including some adult content)...I DON'T WANT THEM COMBINED FFS!)

I have a custom Music Videos library created (not following the Plex standard) - now I have about 3 more clicks to get to it...STUPID

• AntiJohnnyAntiJohnny Members, Plex Pass Posts: 92 Plex Pass

I also have tv broken up into different libraries, and now they are all combined. I really liked the old interface, everything was relatively easy to get to. Settings also made sense and showed things like assurances content and whatnot.
    I really dislike the home screen, especially since I cannot just look at content on one server. When I'm at home I use content from all the servers I have access to, on the road I just use 1, and only occasionally one other. On my android device I need to limit my views to one server.
    I'm going to roll back to the old client if possible one I get somewhere with decent Wi-Fi.