Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Samsung Plex App Libraries

SSG_KSSG_K Members, Plex Pass Posts: 18 Plex Pass

Hello everyone,
I a love/hate with Plex which has been getting my goat when using the Plex app through my Samsung TV. I love that I do not have to buy supplementary equipment which I appreciate, what I do not like however is the scrolling between libraries. I have 80+ libraries to scroll through, which will increase over time, however the scrolling speed through the libraries is nauseatingly slow. Is there a way to speed that up? There is an alphabetical listing at the bottom which is nifty, but does not help as much as I had hoped when having to filter through 70 or so that start with the same letter. Any/all help would be greatly appreciated for this, thank you.

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,273 Plex Pass

may I ask what you do with 80 libraries?
    is this all shared stuff from friends or have you decided to break down your movies / shows in 80+ libraries? sounds almost freakish ;)

• SSG_KSSG_K Members, Plex Pass Posts: 18 Plex Pass
    edited June 12

Broke down movies by genre (action, comedy, drama, thriller, sci-fi, etc.), TV however is the main bulk of my content. I may have to break down my TV into genres, like I did movies in order to speed up the scrolling process between content.
    I currently have my content separated as such: Kids-Animated, Kids-Cartoons, Kids-Live Action, Movies-Action, Movies-Comedy, etc., etc., etc. TV however is separated as TV-(title), TV-(title). I believe TV-Action, TV-Comedy, TV-Crime, etc., etc. will help. I just know I will have to re-teach the wife where to find things based upon category.

• tom80Htom80H Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,273 Plex Pass

you know that Plex lets you easily filter your library by Genre -- at least on all clients I've run over...