Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Scanning AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Media\localhost\

mangruvamangruva Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, I just upgraded to the lifetime Plex Pass a couple days ago.
For the last couple days, Plex has been scanning the AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Media\localhost folder nonstop and consuming CPU. What is this folder and will the scanning ever stop? Thanks

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 30,868Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Plex doesn't scan this folder.
    Unless you have included it into a Plex library, which you should absolutely not do.

Did you change any adavnced settings of Plex Server?

Where did you point your Plex library to?
    I hope you did not point it to just C:

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • mangruvamangruva Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As far as I can tell, only the TV Shows section shows the circle in progress indicator. I checked and it did have a link to my user desktop, which I just now deleted, and one other directory e:\videos. That videos directory only has a few video files. Is there another way I can tell which section is being searched to get to appdata?

• mangruvamangruva Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK I stopped the scan. And then I restarted the metadata scan. It only scanned the videos directory. It may be fixed now. I'll let you know. THanks for your help.