Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Development has started on Blur Laika

jaapsjaaps Members, Plex Pass Posts: 187 Plex Pass
Link to development version inside
Hey,

Just want to let you guys know that I've started working on Blur for Laika.
I haven't done much on it yet but I wanted to share a work in progress version for those interested.
You can find it on https://github.com/jaaps/skin.blur

Please know this is a very early version and many things are still broken/unfinished.

Thanks,
jaaps

Running PMS + PlexConnect on a headless Ubuntu server. Clients: Apple TV 3 and iPad.

Comments

• friedflixfriedflix Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,012 Plex Pass
    edited November 2011
    Nice work Jaaps...nice implementation of On Desk/Recently Added, looks like its coming along nicely.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for the right side of the screen to slide to the left side, and for the right side to be the On Deck/Recently Added or is that too much animation or not clean enough? That way it could just be left and right arrows to access vs using the menu...just a thought.
  • iMickiMick Members Posts: 39
    Nice! I love this skin!

When you need help with translation (Dutch), you can PM me. Now I translate every time the files for myself ;).
  • deandmxdeandmx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 74 Plex Pass
    Awesome, it's good to see Blur isn't dead!
  • MazeMaze Members Posts: 14
    Great news! Your work on Blur and Simplex is much appreciated.
  • eyeballtickler7eyeballtickler7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 153 Plex Pass
    Love this skin, really glad you are still working on it!

The only skin I use!
  • ryanmclaughlinryanmclaughlin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    Thanks for doing this, I also only use this skin (having to find an alternative for Laika has reminded me why!).
  • talistotalisto Members, Plex Pass Posts: 55 Plex Pass
    I only use this skin as well, so I'm pretty stoked to hear that it's still being worked on! Thanks, jaaps!!
  • WinstanoWinstano Members, Plex Pass Posts: 88 Plex Pass
    Amazing stuff! :)
  • eyeballtickler7eyeballtickler7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 153 Plex Pass
    Jaaps,

Just out of interest (and I know this is very much work in progress at the moment) the previous version of Blur supported square images for tv shows (one's I've stolen from iTunes) The current version crops these to standard poster size, it seems all of the Laika skins do this at present, is this how Laika works or can you amend Blur so it doesn't change the size of the images?

Cheers and thanks for the skin.
  • pscheffler85pscheffler85 Members Posts: 64
    thank the heavens. i was wondering how long it would be until the skin developers got to work. I'm sure they will all be EXCELLENT!!! Especially Blur and Retro Plex.
  • piehouseratpiehouserat Members Posts: 6
    thanks Jaaps, my favourite skin by far. Can't wait for the release.
  • erjabbaerjabba Members Posts: 11
    Me too!
  • pscheffler85pscheffler85 Members Posts: 64
    can't wait. blur was one of my favorite skins for 9.3.4
  • friedflixfriedflix Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,012 Plex Pass
    Jaaps,
    Looking forward to the update. I've been using this as my skin and I was wondering if you could add some other font options like in previous versions. It'd be great to have a couple larger font options like the 'big' option you offered before.

Additionally, is it possible to add a video channel into the "Media" section on the home page? I realize I would have to customize home.xml I believe, but I'd love to be able to put "Watch TV" in the Media menu so I can watch live TV. Ideally it would launch the EyeTV Live video channel plugin. Thanks again.
  • salgasalga Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass
    +1 for the larger font option. VERY useful.
  • iMickiMick Members Posts: 39
    Is there any progress? I'm waiting to update, because I love this skin :).
  • troswimtroswim Members Posts: 7
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Blue is the only skin worthy to make it onto my TV, so I haven't updated to the new Plex server/client yet only because I'm waiting for this skin to be available. I LOVE this skin and it is by far the best IMHO. Thank you for your efforts and keep up the good work!
  • jaapsjaaps Members, Plex Pass Posts: 187 Plex Pass
    Sorry for the slow progress on this. I plan to continue working on Blur soon. I may even have something done before Christmas.

Running PMS + PlexConnect on a headless Ubuntu server. Clients: Apple TV 3 and iPad.

• freedom80freedom80 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Very nice to hear this. Thanks! I second the request for additional (larger!) fonts if possible on laika. Happy holidays (and happy coding to you, jaaps!! ; )
This discussion has been closed.