Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dune player

20mxm20mxm Posts: 43
It would be great if plex supported Dune HD media Players because there is only one software out at moment for mac users :D

Great software and GUI !!!!

Comments

• Plex Server/Client are great. I also would appreciate a Plex client for Dune HD player/streamer. Since Dune software is Linux based, maybe it will not be that hard to create such client if there is a PMS or PMC for Linux.

Comments?
  • 20mxm20mxm Posts: 43

Plex Server/Client are great. I also would appreciate a Plex client for Dune HD player/streamer. Since Dune software is Linux based, maybe it will not be that hard to create such client if there is a PMS or PMC for Linux.

Comments?

Hi teperman

I didn't know Dune players are Linux based, Even more reason for plex to support Dune HD players!!!! :D
  • jahtjaht Posts: 26 Plex Pass
    another vote for Plex for Dune
  • ant_tm@yahoo.comant_tm@yahoo.com Posts: 4 Plex Pass
    Another vote here.
  • wildzxwildzx Posts: 18
    edited March 2012
    any update or any works have plex on dune (Dune Streamers support 7.1/DTS and better Blu-ray back up playback etc..; no other media player can do that; only blu-ray players)
  • jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,297 Plex Employee
    Do Dune players support third-party applications? We only target platforms that officially support application development - we don't work on clients for products that'd require hacking to get our software on there :)
  • aikaneaikane Posts: 1
    jam wrote:

Do Dune players support third-party applications? We only target platforms that officially support application development - we don't work on clients for products that'd require hacking to get our software on there :)

Well, the French company Zappiti makes an app for Dune and I think yaDIS did also, so why not you?
  • jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,297 Plex Employee
    I was genuinely asking - I have no idea what Dune players support, since I don't own one and couldn't see any relevant information on the website at the time. I thought someone who owned a device would be able to tell me whether they had support for third party apps or not.
  • jam wrote:

I was genuinely asking - I have no idea what Dune players support, since I don't own one and couldn't see any relevant information on the website at the time. I thought someone who owned a device would be able to tell me whether they had support for third party apps or not.

+1 for Dune player. Yadis does support Dune with Movie and TV show support. Plex for the Dune will be a great addition. Hope you can make it work!
  • SuodoSuodo Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Dune do support apps but unless your talking to HDI Dune directly you'll probably go nowhere. There is a text file here on how to make Flash Lite apps for Dune players. Zappiti are tied to Dune, they are/were a French distributor for HDI Dune media players so they would have gotten development information straight from Dune.

In theory Dune players might not be too different from Syabas Popcornhour players are both companies use Sigma Designs chipset to power the players. There is already an unofficial Plex client in development for the 300 series of Popcornhours using Flash Lite & there is some basic development info on this wiki again relating to PCH players. Syabas is much more active in this area compared to Dune.

Dune players are fantastic quality and extremely stable media players but in some ways they are very limited, they don't court online media or application development they focus very much on AV enthusiasts, sort of like Oppo who make BD disc players.

Plex would be better off going straight to the source which is Sigma Designs and build a Plex client using their SDK so it can be provided out of the box to any Sigma licensee.
  • StaminateStaminate Posts: 1
    and another vote for Plex on the Dune media players.

I do miss the pretty Plex interface and functionality. Yadis and Zappiti does not even come close.
    edited June 2012
    Staminate wrote:

and another vote for Plex on the Dune media players.

I do miss the pretty Plex interface and functionality. Yadis and Zappiti does not even come close.

I totally agree with you

Dune media player support please!!!

• eug7eug7 Posts: 191 ✭✭
    There's a clamor for a competent set top device to run Plex equally as well as the PC clients. Be it Dune, Boxee Box or the Popcorn hour players. Hardware with the horsepower to stream HD audio and video. The Roku boxes are wimpy hardware. The idea is to go with a set top within proximity of the TV and not a PC.
  • I would also like to see Plex on the Dune..if it's possible of course
  • Hello
    That's possible to have Plex on Dune HD Player
    The only thing we need to have from Plex is one folder with all file (xml, background, AAI etc) . It's like a mini website for Dune Player

For example, if Plex can generate all needed files with a script and create a folder called PlexDune
    You only need to make a shortcut to this folder on each Dune Player in your house, and you will see all your movies and TV shows
    As you know Dune HD can read .MKV , .ISO ( DVD and Bluray ) :P

If someone know how to make plugin for Plex i can give him example file

yADIS, Zappiti and all other system using Dune Player are doing this ...
  • vit1lemanvit1leman Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Another vote for Plex on Dune here ! Please ! Love Plex interface and really miss it on Dune.

Dune surely welcomes 3rd party apps and there are quite a few of them, starting with Kartina TV, YouTune, then Zappiti, Movienizer, etc etc

In fact, under the simplest scenario there is even no API etc required - all is needed is an option to to export the PLEX catalog as the folders structure with dune_folder.txt files (they control the presentation of the folder content when a user browsers it from a Dune, all well documented) on any disk that Dune can access. The control over presentation on the screen might be limited to what dune_folder.txt supports, still should be possible to create nice and functional navigation through library.

The next option is to use Dune Flash platform, which is open and well documented.
    edited November 2012
    Any feedback from the plex guys, regarding the Dune players?

it would be very popular with Dune HD owners, you are sitting on a gold mined. :D

Like i said in the very first post there is only one software available for mac users, We desperately need Plex, for the Dune HD players.
  • newloran2newloran2 Posts: 224 Plex Pass
    edited November 2012
    People,

I am working on plugin to integrate Dune and plex.
    Repository is on https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer

Plese if possible test an send feed back.

Thanks,

Erik.
    edited November 2012
    newloran2 wrote:

People,

I am working on plugin to integrate Dune and plex.
    Repository is on https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer

Plese if possible test an send feed back.

Thanks,

Erik.

Is this a wined up!!!, because the link dose not work :rolleyes:
  • newloran2newloran2 Posts: 224 Plex Pass
    20mxm wrote:

Is this a wined up!!!, because the link dose not work :rolleyes:

Sorry, link is ok now.