Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dune player

Comments

• 20mxm20mxm Posts: 43Members
    edited November 2012
    newloran2 wrote:

Sorry, link is ok now.

edited November 2012
    Hi newloran2

I fined this section a bit confusing.
    where do i fine the plex base url and do i include 32400?

"Edit File emplexer_config.php and set your plex base url in DEFAULT_PLEX constant (EX: http://192.168.2.9:32400) (sorry, this step is temporary).Reestart your Dune (stand by OK).A new folder named emplexer apear on plugin section"

I can not see the emplexer plugin after a reboot. Do I put the folders on the HD where my TV & movies are, or my main mackintosh hard drive?
    Hi newloran2

I can't get your software to work on my Dune HD base 3.0
    Is it possible to post a step by step screen shots on how to install your software on github?

Thanks
  • newloran2newloran2 Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    20mxm wrote:

Hi newloran2

I can't get your software to work on my Dune HD base 3.0
    Is it possible to post a step by step screen shots on how to install your software on github?

Thanks

20mxm,

I work on better ilustrated documentation to emplexer.
    In the nest commit to github i will post the installer to ( much mor easy to install :)).

Fow now see this screenshots:

My Animes section filter:

[attachment=13102:anime_filters.png]

My Movies section filter:

[attachment=13103:movies_filters.png]

The Tv_Show section with big thumbs and details:

[attachment=13104:tv_shows_big_thumbs_with_details.png]

Movies section with big thumbs and no details:

[attachment=13105:movies_big_without_detail.png]

Erik.
    edited November 2012
    Thank you :D
    People,

I added a good step by step on how to install and use emplexer on GitHub https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer
    Install package is now available in https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true

Thaks to all.
    edited November 2012
    newloran2 wrote:

People,

I added a good step by step on how to install and use emplexer on GitHub https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer
    Install package is now available in https://github.com/n...er.zip?raw=true

Thaks to all.

Thanks Newloran2 :D

The software installed with ease!!!!
    20mxm wrote:

Thanks Newloran2 :D

The software installed with ease!!!!

20mxm,

Good that it worked :).

Test the plugin at will and if possible tell me what you think, I'm open to suggestions for features :).
    edited November 2012
    newloran2 wrote:

20mxm,

Good that it worked :).

Test the plugin at will and if possible tell me what you think, I'm open to suggestions for features :).

When browsing TV show episodes, there is no episode info. could you please add this feature,Basically it should work a bit more like the plex server menu
  • jahtjaht Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Great Plugin, as you stated no VIDEO_TS Streaming but BDMV works great, keep up the good job.
    edited November 2012
    Yes, This plugin has great potential :D
    jaht wrote:

Great Plugin, as you stated no VIDEO_TS Streaming but BDMV works great, keep up the good job.

Thank's jaht,

I'm really glad that works with BDMV :), had not tested.
    People,

new emplexer version on github https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true

in this version all filters work much better and i kill much bugs.

Now image cache is enabled and turn second+ access much more fast :).

Thank's 20mxm for your help.
    edited December 2012
    Hi newloran2

Glad to help!!!

TV Episodes info

Can you please add episode/information for Tv series & films, in your next update.
    with a nice GUI, similar to plex or your own design?

Thanks
    20mxm
    20mxm wrote:

Hi newloran2

Glad to help!!!

TV Episodes info

Can you please add episode/information for Tv series & films, in your next update.
    with a nice GUI, similar to plex or your own design?

Thanks
    20mxm

20mxm,

j'll try, but don't expect so much, Dune api is very limited on gui components.
    DuneX, zaptti and others make a nice wallpaper with image and description and use this on background, Dune don't have power to do this thing.
    edited December 2012
    newloran2 wrote:

20mxm,

j'll try, but don't expect so much, Dune api is very limited on gui components.
    DuneX, zaptti and others make a nice wallpaper with image and description and use this on background, Dune don't have power to do this thing.

No problem, if the GUI stays the same :)

My main concern is the information about Tv episodes.

Thanks
    20mxm
  • forcemacforcemac Posts: 1Members
    newloran2 wrote:

People,

new emplexer version on github https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true

in this version all filters work much better and i kill much bugs.

Now image cache is enabled and turn second+ access much more fast :).

Thank's 20mxm for your help.

Really glad to see plex on the dune. I am running my plex as an app on my qnap 459, to the dune using your plugin. It appears to work, but i think i have a small problem....

I have 3 collections the server, one is about 50 titles and other two somewhere around 300 each. I had just setup plex and it was still working on building the collection metadata when i tried to browse it from your plugin for the dune. I get error about not reading the xml list or something like that. The other 2 collections i let finish (took about 24 hrs for the qnap to process the art) and they seem to work. I dont really want to erase the collection inside of plex and have it scrape all over again, but it appears that is the fix. I tried deleting the dune plugin and reinstalling, but i get the same error.

I really like plex becuase it will auto scrape so i can just drag and drop files on to the server instead of having to run a script on my pc to build the xml files (zappiti, dune flash, etc)

I want the xbmc like feeling for the wife, without the constant labor of dune flash or zappati....plex seems to be closest thing i have found...i really dig that it runs on the qnap
  • ZodlerZodler Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thank you so much for this. This is a very important tool for Dune players. I tried it and it works great with resume positions and stuff.

However, there is only one major thing missing, Subtitles. I tried with srt/txt subs inside MKV and outside MKV and this Dune client can not read/show subtitles.

Could you please add subtitle support? Subtitle is very important and unfortunately without subtitle support I can not use this Plex Dune app.
  • 20mxm120mxm1 Posts: 53Members
    edited December 2012
    Zodler wrote:

Thank you so much for this. This is a very important tool for Dune players. I tried it and it works great with resume positions and stuff.

However, there is only one major thing missing, Subtitles. I tried with srt/txt subs inside MKV and outside MKV and this Dune client can not read/show subtitles.

Could you please add subtitle support? Subtitle is very important and unfortunately without subtitle support I can not use this Plex Dune app.

You can also use the link below to report bugs/issues

https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/issues?direction=desc&sort=comments&state=open