Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dune player

Comments

• ZodlerZodler Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I went there and it needs an account to post an issue. If by any chance you guys have an account there and already follow this, please post there that subtitles doesn't work at all.
  • 20mxm120mxm1 Posts: 53Members
    Zodler wrote:

I went there and it needs an account to post an issue. If by any chance you guys have an account there and already follow this, please post there that subtitles doesn't work at all.

Done!!!

https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/issues/7
    edited December 2012
    Thank you very much. I'm surprised people didn't notice this before. Have you tried it with subtitles?
  • newloran2newloran2 Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2012
    Zodler wrote:

Thank you so much for this. This is a very important tool for Dune players. I tried it and it works great with resume positions and stuff.

However, there is only one major thing missing, Subtitles. I tried with srt/txt subs inside MKV and outside MKV and this Dune client can not read/show subtitles.

Could you please add subtitle support? Subtitle is very important and unfortunately without subtitle support I can not use this Plex Dune app.

Zodler,

This bug is very strange, external subtitle currently is not supported, but internal is (all type supported by dune).

you can plese post one or two of your problematic subtitles on http://pastebin.com/ and send-me a link? with this i investigate much better.

OBS: change/configure subtitles is not supported, this is a limitation of vod playback and i have nothing to do :(.
    OBS2: emplexer use your current subtitle setup (color, size, position) and detault internal subtitle from mkv and mp4.
    OBS: change/configure subtitles is not supported, this is a limitation of vod playback and i have nothing to do :(.

So how do you turn on the internal subtitle? Because I think the TXT UTF8 internal subtitle is set to off by default in this MKV. You have to turn it on. You have disabled the subtitle button on Dune. I can change the subtitle if I use DLNA on Dune Network Browser to watch.

So my subtitle is nothing special. It's a simple txt UTF8 inside MKV. The only special thing is that in the MKV, it is set to off by default. You can use MKVmerge to make a subtitle turned off by default.

I will try it with an MKV with subtitle set to on by default later.
    Oh, also browse By Folder in movies doesn't work.
    Zodler wrote:

So how do you turn on the internal subtitle? Because I think the TXT UTF8 internal subtitle is set to off by default in this MKV. You have to turn it on. You have disabled the subtitle button on Dune. I can change the subtitle if I use DLNA on Dune Network Browser to watch.

So my subtitle is nothing special. It's a simple txt UTF8 inside MKV. The only special thing is that in the MKV, it is set to off by default. You can use MKVmerge to make a subtitle turned off by default.

I will try it with an MKV with subtitle set to on by default later.

Becouse the limitation of dune plugin api i dont have access to subtitle functions like enable/change/etc, this is not a plugin bug.

Becouse this limitation to use internal subtitles with emplexer you need enable it by default on dune configuration Setup->Playback->Subtitles->Enable subtitles by default for file.

Sorry for this inconvenient.
    OK I will try it. The problem is that I turn off and on the subtitle several times during a movie. I don't watch it always on. I watch with subtitle off and if I don't understand a part, I turn it on.
    People,

New version for emplexer https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true.

In this version i kill many bugs and add new some functionalities.

Now is possible to user select connection method (http(currentty emplexer use this method), smb (much bugs) and nfs (mount point to this need to use a nfs without password, if you use this nfs path on dune emplexer does to.)).
    On nfs connection method external subtitles is suported and iso/dvd folder is supported.

Now, is possible to visual see series episodes and movies has you seen, to this i introduce configurable colors to name of episodes.
    EX: Red is episodes has seen and yellow is not seen (this is configurable in setup screen).

DVD iso now is supported (only via nfs), bluray iso support is comming.

And Finally support for Plex channel has added.

Many video channels has tested and supported (I like to support netflix/hullu/Amazon but this plugins is not available on Brasil :(.
    For channels whole flux is supported including search and Preferences.
    All resolutions for video is show on popup to user select the best resolution.

Audio channels is supported.

Photo channels is comming.

To download use this link https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true.

Plese test this version and send feedback (mainly channels amazon, netflix and hullu).

Thank's all for bug reports.
    edited January 2013
    newloran2 wrote:

People,

New version for emplexer https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true.

In this version i kill many bugs and add new some functionalities.

Now is possible to user select connection method (http(currentty emplexer use this method), smb (much bugs) and nfs (mount point to this need to use a nfs without password, if you use this nfs path on dune emplexer does to.)).
    On nfs connection method external subtitles is suported and iso/dvd folder is supported.

Now, is possible to visual see series episodes and movies has you seen, to this i introduce configurable colors to name of episodes.
    EX: Red is episodes has seen and yellow is not seen (this is configurable in setup screen).

DVD iso now is supported (only via nfs), bluray iso support is comming.

And Finally support for Plex channel has added.

Many video channels has tested and supported (I like to support netflix/hullu/Amazon but this plugins is not available on Brasil :(.
    For channels whole flux is supported including search and Preferences.
    All resolutions for video is show on popup to user select the best resolution.

Audio channels is supported.

Photo channels is comming.

To download use this link https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true.

Plese test this version and send feedback (mainly channels amazon, netflix and hullu).

Thank's all for bug reports.

Hi newloran2

Thank You for your hard work!!!

Happy New Year.
    Hi People,

Happy new year.

Fist commit of the year for emplexer is a bug fix :(.

Now first setup work again.

PS: I had not remember to say before, but now is possible to mark videos has seen and not seen with key pop up menu on top of video.
    It's broken now and it does not work. This new version doesn't allow to change the ip address and save. When I change the ip address in setup and return, my change has not saved. So I can't connect to PMS at all with this new version.
    edited January 2013
    Zodler wrote:

It's broken now and it does not work. This new version doesn't allow to change the ip address and save. When I change the ip address in setup and return, my change has not saved. So I can't connect to PMS at all with this new version.

I have the same problem, newloran2 is trying to fix the issue
    People i revert version on github.

I investigate more and when i know what happend i post the correct package.

Thank's and sorry.
    edited January 2013
    Hi People,

I finally discovered and resolve this bug on the last version of emplexer.

Now all work.

Description on this version is same.

PS1: Plz if someone find a not work plex channel report-me and i will try to resolve.
    PS2: Check plugin option on Dune setup -> applications -> emplexer, and test new features like colors and connection type, nfs is much mo speedly to start play and suport external subtitles.

Thank's all and sorry for this last bug.

forcemac wrote:

Really glad to see plex on the dune. I am running my plex as an app on my qnap 459, to the dune using your plugin. It appears to work, but i think i have a small problem....

I have 3 collections the server, one is about 50 titles and other two somewhere around 300 each. I had just setup plex and it was still working on building the collection metadata when i tried to browse it from your plugin for the dune. I get error about not reading the xml list or something like that. The other 2 collections i let finish (took about 24 hrs for the qnap to process the art) and they seem to work. I dont really want to erase the collection inside of plex and have it scrape all over again, but it appears that is the fix. I tried deleting the dune plugin and reinstalling, but i get the same error.

I really like plex becuase it will auto scrape so i can just drag and drop files on to the server instead of having to run a script on my pc to build the xml files (zappiti, dune flash, etc)

I want the xbmc like feeling for the wife, without the constant labor of dune flash or zappati....plex seems to be closest thing i have found...i really dig that it runs on the qnap

forcemac,

try this new version off emplexer, on this version i kill many bugs and probly this has you reported is done too.
    If this bug still happend, plz send-me logs and i try to fix.
    edited January 2013
    Still broken. Can't change the ip address in setup.

Update: Strange, I reinstalled your first version that worked and that doesn't allow to change ip either. So once the setup changed, you can't modified it. I have an internal system storage and cleared it and installed again with no success.
    Zodler wrote:

Still broken. Can't change the ip address in setup.

Update: Strange, I reinstalled your first version that worked and that doesn't allow to change ip either. So once the setup changed, you can't modified it. I have an internal system storage and cleared it and installed again with no success.

Zodler,

plz send-me your emplexer.log.
    here attached:
    I managed to make it save and work. Tried your last version.

smb and nfs doesn't work. When I click on a movie, nothing happens. Only http works.

Also a question, your app always plays the files directly? I need transcoding because some of my MKV goes high as 80 Mbit/s in certain places and my devolo dLan can't handle it. My local dLan network can only handle bitrate up to 20 Mbits/s. How can I do that?

I did change the settings in PMS but it doesn't affect the playing inside your app. It always plays files directly. No transcoding.
    Zodler wrote:

I managed to make it save and work. Tried your last version.

smb and nfs doesn't work. When I click on a movie, nothing happens. Only http works.

Also a question, your app always plays the files directly? I need transcoding because some of my MKV goes high as 80 Mbit/s in certain places and my devolo dLan can't handle it. My local dLan network can only handle bitrate up to 20 Mbits/s. How can I do that?

I did change the settings in PMS but it doesn't affect the playing inside your app. It always plays files directly. No transcoding.

Zodler,

Emplexer alwais use direct play, trancoded session is planned to future release.

And two question, what's your Dune and what's is your firmware?