Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dune player

Comments

• ZodlerZodler Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    dune_firmware_hdtv_301_121018_0846.dff
    Question. On Dune, In Network Browser and UPNP if I disable Direct Play in preferences and play a file in Dune, shouldn't it transcode?

When I disable Direct Play, I see none of my files in Dune (UPNP) anymore.
  • 20mxm120mxm1 Posts: 53Members
    edited January 2013
    Hi newloran2
    Excellent work!!!
    IMHO this is way better than DuneX, I fined DuneX a pain to use.
    I know it's still early days, But. plex server and emplexer work very well together.
    btw Accessing files is quick, only takes about 2-3 seconds with NTFS enabled. :D

Thanks
    What and where is DuneX?
    edited January 2013
    Zodler wrote:

What and where is DuneX?

Good Luck, with Dunex

http://www.dunexapp.com

PROS:
    Looks Nice

CONS:

*very fussy how you word and arrange files & folders.

*you get a lot of missing fan-art after the first scan, it then took me about 45mins to manually correct it. Plex server did the same task within 10min without problems.

*unsightly data in your TV & movie folders.

*If you add new files,You have to manually update then export the data to the TV/Movie folders.

*crashes too often

*DuneX beta has not been updated for about 9 months

In the end I stopped using my Dune player for about a year. I started using my Samsung BD player with Plex plugin installed. If it wasn't for newloran2, my Dune player would still be gathering dust!!!!

That's why I really appreciate newloran2 for creating emplexer plugin, plus he's very helpful, If you have issues or bugs with emplexer.
    edited January 2013
    Susan552 wrote:

I would also like to see Plex on the Dune..if it's possible of course24.gif25.gif26.gif27.gif28.gif

There is a plex plugin for Dune HD players, called emplexer. The software developer's name is newloran2

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/33136-dune-player/page__view__findpost__p__312249

How to install
    https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer
  • newloran2newloran2 Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Susan552 wrote:

I would also like to see Plex on the Dune..if it's possible of course24.gif25.gif26.gif27.gif28.gif

Susan552,

Please feel free to test, report bugs and suggest features, bugs reported as far as possible be resolved and features suggested as far as possible will be implemented.
  • accuserviceaccuservice Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    THX for your Great work.
    I installed it on an Smart B1 and its fast and stable
    By Folder view is missing.
    Zodler wrote:

By Folder view is missing.

Zodler,

You say, Plex filter by folder or Dune view?
    By folder filter is broken, but i resolve this issue son.
    Yes, 'By Folder' view in Plex Filter.
  • dave.neilldave.neill Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi
    I have been looking for a solution like this for a while now, I tried emplexer for the first time today and it installed quickly and sees my plex server currently installed on a Windows home server 2011 but when I go into movies I get no cover art just the shape with the title in the middle but if I press info I get info and a cover art ? Any ideas as to why this would happen as all movies play fine etc all seems to function ok just missing the cover art as it your pictures of what it should look like ? I am also running latest dune firmware ??

Any help would be great ?
    dave.neill wrote:

Hi
    I have been looking for a solution like this for a while now, I tried emplexer for the first time today and it installed quickly and sees my plex server currently installed on a Windows home server 2011 but when I go into movies I get no cover art just the shape with the title in the middle but if I press info I get info and a cover art ? Any ideas as to why this would happen as all movies play fine etc all seems to function ok just missing the cover art as it your pictures of what it should look like ? I am also running latest dune firmware ??

Any help would be great ?

dave.neill,

This is probably a cache issue.

try check if your system storage have space, if not clean it.
    try to uninstall emplexer and install again.

send-me your emplexer.log, you are the first complains that.

To genererate emplexer.log:

if not have one internal hdd atached to your dune:

Atache one disk (memory disk, pen drive or and HD)
    Reboot your Dune.
    Use emplexer and simulate your problem.

One folder named dune_plugin_logs has created on root of yout disk and in that has a file name emplexer.log (this is the file that should send me).

if emplexer.log not has created, reboot again your dune and simulate again your problem, now emplexer.log has created on dune_plugin_logs.
  • ktdktd Posts: 324Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Im having the same issue with that I dont see any covers.

I have attached a log file.
  • dave.neilldave.neill Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ktd wrote:

Hi newloran2

Thanks for the help all fixed I stuck a 2GB USB in the back and initialised it and reinstalled and all cover art is up. I thought seeing I had a 500GB hard drive it it it would store it there but obviously system storage is different ?

Thanks again and awesome job on this driver !!!
    ktd wrote:

ktd,

your log is very usefull, i opend a bug to this issue on github.

dave.neill wrote:

Hi newloran2

Thanks for the help all fixed I stuck a 2GB USB in the back and initialised it and reinstalled and all cover art is up. I thought seeing I had a 500GB hard drive it it it would store it there but obviously system storage is different ?

Thanks again and awesome job on this driver !!!

dave.neill,

how good it worked, but this is a bug and i fixed that on next version :).

fell free to test and suggest funcionalities.
  • PreppiePreppie Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    How do i delete the application + saved data (cant edit IP number and accidently put in the wrong one at installation)
    Preppie,

You don't need reinstall, go to setup> applications > emplexer and set ip to your plex installation.
  • mkhazhinskymkhazhinsky Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

I installed emplexer on Dune HD301 and it works fine on the local network (192.168.x.x). However, I cannot make it connect to a remote PLEX server (10.xx.xx.xx) which I can access through a PC Plex client. Is there a known problem related to accessing a non-local network Plex server? Which additional information would be useful to debug the problem?

Regards,
    Michael.

Hi,

I installed emplexer on Dune HD301 and it works fine on the local network (192.168.x.x). However, I cannot make it connect to a remote PLEX server (10.xx.xx.xx) which I can access through a PC Plex client. Is there a known problem related to accessing a non-local network Plex server? Which additional information would be useful to debug the problem?

Regards,
    Michael.

mkhazhinsky,

I need a few more details.
    With its plex configured for remote access?
    The emplexer does not support myPlex, to make remote access is necessary that your plex is configured to access unsecured.
    To know if your plex is accessible unsecured, access by brower [your external ip]: [port plex, 32400 is default]if one is being accessed the xml emplexer can be used with this instance of the plex.