Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dune player

Comments

• ktdktd Posts: 324Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    newloran2, do you have an eta for the missing covers fix?
  • newloran2newloran2 Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2013
    ktd wrote:

newloran2, do you have an eta for the missing covers fix?

ktd,

I oppend one bug to fix this issue and in next version i fix that.

But in your case aparently you use your dune without a system storage correct?
    if yes install one, and try again.

If you not have any system storage and not intent to install one try this altered package [attachment=14718:dune_plugin_emplexer.zip].
    this package does not cache images ( i recommend you use install a system storage).

PS: In next version image cache is more flexible.
  • MichielMichiel Plex Ninja Posts: 871Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    this is seriously amazing and I AM happy to see someone is working on a Dune app for Plex kudos to newloran2!
    edited January 2013
    That's right, I don't have a system storage and I don't gonna becuse I tried installing a hdd and the nice level from the fan was terrible.
    I have a 32GB SD-card installed but it seems like my Dune won't use that for system storage. Could you perhaps make it so we can specify our coach directory so I can redirect that patch to my SD-cars?
    I will try the version you just posted. Thank you very much!

Is there any way to show Unwatched by default?
    I much ratchet press popup menu when I want to watch something I already seen, which Is never. ;)

*Edit*
    tcviper wrote:

this is seriously amazing and I AM happy to see someone is working on a Dune app for Plex kudos to newloran2!

Couldn't agree more!
    Newloran2 what about adding support for myplex :) So people can even open movies from other libraries?
  • beat_strandhbeat_strandh Posts: 19Members
    edited January 2013
    Hi

yesterday I installed the Plex app on my Dune HD Smart D1. I managed to find my PMS without a problem and I choosed NFS. I can see all the artwork but could not play any movies ("filetype not supported").

I also installed acouple of video channels on Plex and they all showed up in the Dune plex app but without artwork and I could not play any files ("filetype not supported").

one more thing! when I first downloaded the zip with my MacBook and copied it to a USB I couldnt install the app on the dune but when I did the exact same thing but with a Windows computer it worked.

btw, I have my PMS on my MacBook Pro late 2011 with OSX 10.8
    edited January 2013
    newloran2 wrote:

ktd,

I oppend one bug to fix this issue and in next version i fix that.

But in your case aparently you use your dune without a system storage correct?
    if yes install one, and try again.

If you not have any system storage and not intent to install one try this altered package [attachment=14718:dune_plugin_emplexer.zip].
    this package does not cache images ( i recommend you use install a system storage).

PS: In next version image cache is more flexible.

Nope, still dont get any pics or info about the movies/series/episodes.

But I just noticed that if I press Info I can see pics etc.
    [attachment=14737:DunePlex 1.png]

[attachment=14738:DunePlex 2.png]
    oh one more thing. is it possible to choose that the dune will boot in this app when startup? and can I add this to the first screen in the Dune? (wher my network folders and yaDIS etc.. is located)

if you didnt know, with the new Base 3D it is possible to boot yaDIS, Zapitti etc when starting the mediaplayer. it will come to the older Dunes with a firmware uptade soon.
    edited January 2013
    You can choose to start emplexer at boot just as you can yaDIS, Zappiti etc. Just mark emplexer, hit popup menu and select to add emplexer to your favorites. Go to Favorits and hit popup menu on emplexer and choose to use emplexer as default power-on app.

*EDIT* Ops, didnt read your other post until now and saw that you dont have a Base 3D so this might not work for you. Sorry.
    edited January 2013
    tcviper wrote:

Newloran2 what about adding support for myplex :) So people can even open movies from other libraries?

tcviper,

I need to implement and fix many fings first, i will then analize myPlex, but first i need some one share library with me ( is like plex says No one is sharing servers with you. This is very sad. :)).

Hi

yesterday I installed the Plex app on my Dune HD Smart D1. I managed to find my PMS without a problem and I choosed NFS. I can see all the artwork but could play any movies ("filetype not supported").

I also installed acouple of video channels on Plex and they all showed up in the Dune plex app but without artwork and I could not play any files ("filetype not supported").

one more thing! when I first downloaded the zip with my MacBook and copied it to a USB I couldnt install the app on the dune but when I did the exact same thing but with a Windows computer it worked.

btw, I have my PMS on my MacBook Pro late 2011 with OSX 10.8

beat_strandh,

About the problem "filetype not supported", i need your emplexer.log to analize the problem.
    About instalation package, you don't need unzip, only put that on location accessible by dune and press enter on remote in that file.

ktd wrote:

Nope, still dont get any pics or info about the movies/series/episodes.

But I just noticed that if I press Info I can see pics etc.
    [attachment=14737:DunePlex 1.png]

[attachment=14738:DunePlex 2.png]

ktd,

Sorry, was at work yesterday and not tested the package i send you, but now this work [attachment=14740:dune_plugin_emplexer.zip]

oh one more thing. is it possible to choose that the dune will boot in this app when startup? and can I add this to the first screen in the Dune? (wher my network folders and yaDIS etc.. is located)

if you didnt know, with the new Base 3D it is possible to boot yaDIS, Zapitti etc when starting the mediaplayer. it will come to the older Dunes with a firmware uptade soon.

beat_strandh,

I will implement emplexer at home screen on next version.
    About boot on emplexer, this fing is only available on the new firmware that hdi is testing on tv models, i have one smart H1, when new firmware is available for H1 i will use some new features.
    Particulary i'm very ecxited with this new firmware, many fings has added to developer api, this allow me to add thins i would in the current version , but it is not possible.
    newloran2 wrote:
    ktd,

Sorry, was at work yesterday and not tested the package i send you, but now this work [attachment=14740:dune_plugin_emplexer.zip]

Works perfect! Thank you.

Do you think it's possible to add an option to make the default filter unwatched?
    If so you should add all to the popup menu list...
    newloran2 wrote:

beat_strandh,

About the problem "filetype not supported", i need your emplexer.log to analize the problem.
    About instalation package, you don't need unzip, only put that on location accessible by dune and press enter on remote in that file.

the funny thing is that I didnt unzip it. maybe some Mac to USB issue I dont know.

hmmm were do I find the emplexer.log? Im a noob at this hehe

btw, just to be sure. it is still the dune internal player that is doing all the video rendering etc? and not a new plex player in this plexapp?

this app is starting to show some real promise! keep up the good work
    newloran2 ill first try this on my dune hd max today and let you know how it works out :)
    I hope you can implement a way to change the subtitles loaded like for example in some cases we have 3 srt files for one movie or show and sometimes need to change which subtitle to use (in plex client you can).

Maybe also a way to show unwatched first?
    edited January 2013
    When i set it to NFS it keeps loading forever and eventually says error: format not supported.

We have a mac mini with plex server on it.

Also maybe under setup > apps> emplexer you can add an option to enable cache ;)

Also i see no difference in color between watched and unwatched ;)
    newloran2, I just installed a USB-stick as System Storage so go ahed and activate cache again. ;)
    ktd wrote:

Works perfect! Thank you.

Do you think it's possible to add an option to make the default filter unwatched?
    If so you should add all to the popup menu list...

I oppend an issue for this, at some point to get a feature that will please everyone and solve this problem :).

the funny thing is that I didnt unzip it. maybe some Mac to USB issue I dont know.

hmmm were do I find the emplexer.log? Im a noob at this hehe

btw, just to be sure. it is still the dune internal player that is doing all the video rendering etc? and not a new plex player in this plexapp?

this app is starting to show some real promise! keep up the good work

beat_strandh,

To get an emplexer.log just attach an internal hd or memory stick or flash memory on dune, reboot and use emplexer, now on top of your card/flash/hd has you attached one folder named dune_plugin_logs has created and one emplexer.log is in.
    If the folder has created but emplexer.log not, just reboot again and simulate your problem, now emplexer.log has in dune_plugin_logs.

About emplexer playback,
    All playback is native, the emplexer only consume metadata, and filters (i don't need alter nothing of this the dune alredy plays media very well :)).

tcviper wrote:

newloran2 ill first try this on my dune hd max today and let you know how it works out :)
    I hope you can implement a way to change the subtitles loaded like for example in some cases we have 3 srt files for one movie or show and sometimes need to change which subtitle to use (in plex client you can).

Maybe also a way to show unwatched first?

tcviper,

Subtitles is very problematic, currently Dune vod playback (has used for play on emplexer ) not permit subtitles change, i don't know why HDI do not permit, but becouse this emplexer do not change/activate/deactivate/configure subtitles.

tcviper wrote:

When i set it to NFS it keeps loading forever and eventually says error: format not supported.

We have a mac mini with plex server on it.

Also maybe under setup > apps> emplexer you can add an option to enable cache ;)

Also i see no difference in color between watched and unwatched ;)

About nfs: If you see you share (same folder has you added on plex) on dune emplexer can use nfs connection type.
    Option to enable cache and set cache folder has come with new version.
    Those colors that can be used are actually is very similar, particulary i use white no not seen and yellow to seen.

ktd wrote:

newloran2, I just installed a USB-stick as System Storage so go ahed and activate cache again. ;)

ktd, download from git hub https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true
    edited January 2013
    So for NFS to work you first have to add the path to the video files directly on the dune itself as network share and then in plex on the dune set it to NFS? And then subtitles (.srt) will also work right?

Btw, you should make a cool icon for plex on the dune and ability to add it to the firstpage.
  • 20mxm120mxm1 Posts: 53Members
    edited January 2013
    @ tvviper
    I requested emplexer to be added to the first page, a few weeks ago,It's on the enhancement list
    :)
    https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/issues/11

https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/issues?sort=comments&state=open
    Ok super, thx mate :)
    edited January 2013
    tcviper wrote:

So for NFS to work you first have to add the path to the video files directly on the dune itself as network share and then in plex on the dune set it to NFS? And then subtitles (.srt) will also work right?

Btw, you should make a cool icon for plex on the dune and ability to add it to the firstpage.

tcviper,

More or less, Dune only read/write nfs without password, if yout dune read you nfs mount point emplexer does.
    And if yout access over nfs .srt subtitles work.

About icon: I don't any art skills, i very glad if someone help :).