If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dune player

Comments

• MichielMichiel Plex Ninja Posts: 872Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    What are the sizes (pixels) and format you want the icon? ill fix you one.
  • beat_strandhbeat_strandh Posts: 19Members
    I got it to work when I made a new moviefolder in Plex Media Server that is getting the movies from my MacBook Internal HDD (I have the PMS on the MCB). I now have Posters and info etc. it looks really great. External subtitles is working great.

Now I think I have to make NFS Synology Shares automount on my MacBook. but thats a pain in the a... I have OSX 10.8 and tried the NFS Manager but it didnt work (some problem with DNS and Bonjour).

one thing though. I noticed that when I push the INFO button on my Dune remote the info about playback is gone (container, audio, Resolution, bitrate etc...) instead I get info about the movie. I dont really want that cause when I choose a movie I know what the movie is ;) I want to know about bitrate etc...
  • ktdktd Posts: 325Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I like the icon tcviper. Well done!
    I hope it gets added to emplexer.
  • 20mxm120mxm1 Posts: 53Members
    edited January 2013
    Just tried the latest emplexer with the new icon, looks great :D

The new Dune HD players will be out soon with XBMC integrated, But sadly only for the Max & Pro.
    emplexer Couldn't come at a better time for older Dune HD players. :D
    IMHO PLEX is better than XBMC.
  • newloran2newloran2 Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    20mxm1 wrote:

Just tried the latest emplexer with the new icon, looks great :D

The new Dune HD players will be out soon with XBMC integrated, But sadly only for the Max & Pro.
    emplexer Couldn't come at a better time for older Dune HD players. :D
    IMHO PLEX is better than XBMC.

The 20mxm1 spent in front of me :).

People.

I did not intend to publish a new version now, but after the great contribution of tcviper I felt compelled to publish this version.

New things:
    Adding new icon of emplexer :).
    Ability to enable and disable caching (if you have trouble seeing the images simply disable the cache that everything should work).
    It is now possible to add the icon emplexer in the main screen (with new icon and everything else :-)), just go into settings and enable the option).
    Some minor bugs.

Again thank you very much tcviper, with your contribution and all who are using, reporting bugs and suggesting features, emplexer gets better.

Continue using and suggesting new features and pointing out bugs, all bugs are slowly being corrected and the features being analyzed and possibly implemented.

The link is the same as always https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true

Thank you all.
    edited January 2013
    newloran2 wrote:

The 20mxm1 spent in front of me :).

Thank you all.

i'm always watching :lol:

Great work newloran2,

I lost all hope on plex ever being utilised for Dune HD players, when I started this thread 03 November 2011!!!!
    Thank you very much for making emplexer possible. :)
    Great job newloran2! :) XBMC indeed isnt as awesome as plex guys, specially not with all the cool features of plex.
    We should tell the DUNE community about this app!
    nice job tcviper with the icon and again. thanks newloran2 for this app. it is much appriciated...

btw newloran2, did you take a look at my comment?
    "one thing though. I noticed that when I push the INFO button on my Dune remote the info about playback is gone (container, audio, Resolution, bitrate etc...) instead I get info about the movie. I dont really want that cause when I choose a movie I know what the movie is I want to know about bitrate etc... "

maybe you want it this way and I will respect that but maybe it is something you didnt know?
    I too miss the codec info but why not have both (if possible) when pressing info?
    I think the info about the movie gives it a more Plex feeling but I also would like to.da@icloud.com we the info about the codec.

Great release newloran2. I think this client is so good now that I will replace the AppleTV2 I have in my bedroom for a Dune player.
    That way I can better video support like 24fps. I recently moved my old 50" Tv to my bedroom when I bought a new so the stuttering is really noticeable from the AppleTV.
    KTD I was thinking exactly the same :P I also wanna replace the jailbroken ATV2 with my dune HD max again :) i just needed plex on it.
    edited January 2013
    tcviper wrote:

We should tell the DUNE community about this app!

someone should start a thread on the MPCCLUB forum about this awesome app!

there is athread alread hehe
    http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30249
    edited January 2013
    newloran2: my plex server is on a macmini and that uses a synology network nas to access all movies and tv shows.
    On the Dune I added NFS to the synology to the video map but when i use Plex on Dune with NFS it doesnt work, any idea how to fix this?

Macmini 192.168.1.3 << plex server
    Synology NAS 192.168.1.6 << /video /music
    edited January 2013
    I'm having almost the same setup but my Mac Mini reads all media files via smb from my server.
    I don't really need to use smb since I play all movies yaDIS and for Tv shows http works fine.
    But who knows what protocol to use in the future so it's better to be prepared. :)
    edited January 2013
    The macmini uses smb in my case also but i wanted to have support for srt external subtitles on my dune with emplexer ;)
    And I thought only by using NFS that works?

The question is how i have to setup the dune so that it can use NFS to use subtitles (srt) but still connect to plex server on the mac mini.
    Im willing to donate money to newloran2 if he can help me get srt subs to work.
    edited January 2013

someone should start a thread on the MPCCLUB forum about this awesome app!

there is athread alread hehe
    http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30249

I started the emplexer thread on mpcclub & Avforums :D

Hopefully emplexer will get the exposer it deserves \0/
    tcviper wrote:

KTD I was thinking exactly the same :P I also wanna replace the jailbroken ATV2 with my dune HD max again :) i just needed plex on it.

If it was possible to add PLEX on my ATV3 , I would not use it because ATV's cannot output 24p. IMHO Dune offers the best solution for PLEX.

I only use my ATV for streaming music and renting the odd movie.
    Yes but then i only need to be able to use .srt subtitles on my dune through emplexer ;) and preferrably also myplex.
    Then i can drop all ATV's :P
    tcviper wrote:

The macmini uses smb in my case also but i wanted to have support for srt external subtitles on my dune with emplexer ;)
    And I thought only by using NFS that works?

The question is how i have to setup the dune so that it can use NFS to use subtitles (srt) but still connect to plex server on the mac mini.
    Im willing to donate money to newloran2 if he can help me get srt subs to work.

tcviper,

send me your emplexer.log.