Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dune player

Comments

• MichielMichiel Plex Ninja Posts: 871Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited January 2013
    I will tomorrow, sorry had to switch back to ATV for now and have no time this evening. Also it would be handy if you could describe what exactly needs to be done where.

1) Add NFS share to the video files (nas/volume1/video) on Dune
    2) Add emplexer app on dune
    3) In emplexer app set to NFS and the IP of the plex server (macmini)

Is that correct?
  • newloran2newloran2 Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    tcviper wrote:

I will tomorrow, sorry had to switch back to ATV for now and have no time this evening. Also it would be handy if you could describe what exactly needs to be done where.

1) Add NFS share to the video files (nas/volume1/video) on Dune
    2) Add emplexer app on dune
    3) In emplexer app set to NFS and the IP of the plex server (macmini)

Is that correct?

That's right , the only point is that currently emplexer expects this path is the machine on which the plex is installed , this is a problem I had not thought of , but do not worry I'll fix it :).
  • ktdktd Posts: 324Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    So we can't have the PMS on one machine and media on another today. Is that correct?
    edited January 2013
    Never mind. DL works agin...
    ktd wrote:

So we can't have the PMS on one machine and media on another today. Is that correct?

Only if you use nfs, on http all work's.
    I want to use smb.
  • beat_strandhbeat_strandh Posts: 19Members
    it looks like you will have a solution for my problem (file not supported problem). but if it is to any help here is my emplexer log file
    oh I forgot the log hehe

it looks like you will have a solution for my problem (file not supported problem). but if it is to any help here is my emplexer log file

beat_strandh,

Your videos are on the same machine plex?
    If yes , this directory is configured as an NFS share?
    If yes , try setting your dune in a network path with this nfs address nfs ://192.168.1.103:/Volumes/dune/ and tell me if you can access your medias in nfs share.
  • 20mxm120mxm1 Posts: 53Members
    edited January 2013
    Hi guys!!

I was wondering what plex server version are you all using. Currently I'm using 0.9.6.9 (Non web version), because I like the simplicity.
    edited January 2013
    Im a PlexPass for life and love early stuff, even if they dont work :), so Im on 0.9.7.12.407.
  • 20mxm120mxm1 Posts: 53Members
    edited January 2013
    ktd wrote:

Im a PlexPass for life and love early stuff, even if they dont work :), so Im on 0.9.7.12.407.

Thanks for your reply.
    I would like to use the latest version but I fined it annoying, I have to press alt to bring up the classic plex. I have requested many times to have a default option to open in classic mode, but it has fallen on deaf ears. :mellow:
    Ok. I love everything so much more in the new PMS and the web intercafe is great. :)
    And it seems to work fine with emplexer too.
    newloran2 wrote:

beat_strandh,

Your videos are on the same machine plex?
    If yes , this directory is configured as an NFS share?
    If yes , try setting your dune in a network path with this nfs address nfs ://192.168.1.103:/Volumes/dune/ and tell me if you can access your medias in nfs share.

I have my videos on 2 places. the ones that works is on the same machine but the ones that dont is on a NAS.

btw, I tried BDMV and BD ISO but they didnt work. and those movies is on the same machine as the Plex media server. MKV and DVD-ISO works.
    20mxm1 wrote:

Hi guys!!

I was wondering what plex server version are you all using. Currently I'm using 0.9.6.9 (Non web version), because I like the simplicity.

you can access the old style media manager and preference even with the new web based version. you just have to press a key (dont remember wich one) and at the same time click on the media manager/preference.
    20mxm1 said in his post that he have to press the Alt key. :)
    haha Im tired
    newloran2 when do you think you can have this update ready so i can set NFS to NAS and plex server to separate server?
    tcviper wrote:

newloran2 when do you think you can have this update ready so i can set NFS to NAS and plex server to separate server?

If nothing goes wrong between now and tomorrow.
    Guys, we all gotta love newloran2 here :) Amazing speedy updates.