If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dune player

1787980818284»

Comments

• fav2017fav2017 Posts: 4Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jmper said:

@fav2017 said:
    Hi Jmper,
    I have Plex Server Version 1.8.1.4139 running on W10 Pro. It is working fine. I have local and remote access without any issues. I installed your 1.3a plugin on my Dune 4K Solo with the latest firmware. I configured your plugin and get list of movies and TV shows with proper thumbnails and posters. But I cannot play any of them. The same issue like others had. Dune doesn't recognize the path provided when I try to run/play a movie. I've tried different settings in DPC connection: used SBM path, Mapped Dune folder. Nothing worked. I provided a log file, if you need it. I tried to analyze it by myself by comparing with other guys logs here, but it looks different. I think, because they use different Dune players.
    Thank you for your work and the great plugin. I hope my issue will be fast resolved.

Hello,
    you need setup your connections by Setup->Applications->DCP Setup->Connections

Hi Jmper, I did it originally. As I said - "'I've tried different settings in DPC connection: used SBM path, Mapped Dune folder. Nothing worked" I went to Setup->Applications->DCP Setup->Connections and tried SMB, Mapped drive. It did not work. I supplied log file for analysis. Did it help you? If you like, I can provide screenshots.
    Thank you, for you reply. What should I try next?

• jmperjmper Posts: 279Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello. To be sure you use correct path for SMB, try find your SMB share thougth Dune network browser

• fav2017fav2017 Posts: 4Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you, Jmper. I did it. Through Dune SMB works fine, no issues.
    Anyway, I install Plex on my Amazon Fire TV for now and put Dune HD Solo 4K on a shelf for a while.
    Good luck with your work on your add-on

• AruniaArunia Posts: 6Members ✭✭

@shotfirer said:

@Arunia said:
    I have a Windows homeserver 2011. I can see every movie on Plex, but. When I start them, I get a message that the file cannot be found. It works on other devices though.
    I change the settings in Plex from Z:\serverfolders etc to //server/video's and such. But no change for my Dune tv303d.

Anyone any idea?

Can you mount the shares on your Dune?

Sorry it took so long.
    Here are the pictures of my settings. Both what is entered in Plex on the dune and what is added in the sources tab for yaDis. Should be the same to connect.

First of all pay attantion on capital letters. Linux is sensitive. Should be: server VALERA, folder Video's/Films

@fav2017 said:
    Thank you, Jmper. I did it. Through Dune SMB works fine, no issues.
    Anyway, I install Plex on my Amazon Fire TV for now and put Dune HD Solo 4K on a shelf for a while.
    Good luck with your work on your add-on

I hope very soon I introduce a new version and your 4K will work

• AruniaArunia Posts: 6Members ✭✭

@jmper said:
    First of all pay attantion on capital letters. Linux is sensitive. Should be: server VALERA, folder Video's/Films

Thanks for your reply. I will try it out. The bottom one is how I use it with yaDIS, which works. The top one is for your plugin.
    My server is Windows Home Server, so I have no clue if that will make any difference.
    So should I try lower case then instead of high case?

• shotfirershotfirer Posts: 41Members ✭✭

@jmper said:

Could it be authentication issue?