If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

myPlex supported sites request

Comments

• GerkGerk Posts: 1,052Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    bonisagus wrote:

MyPlex is a great feature, any chance of having

hollywoodreporter.com

added? The bookmarklet picks up one particular video (currently Andrew Garfield on Playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man) regardless of which article's page you are viewing. If you go to the Videos page (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video) the bookmarklet doesn't find any videos to queue.

This has been submitted and once it's finished the review process should be available for myplex usage. There's no specific plugin for it (yet) but that may happen int he future, but once it's submitted it should work ok with myplex.
    Gerk wrote:

This has been submitted and once it's finished the review process should be available for myplex usage. There's no specific plugin for it (yet) but that may happen int he future, but once it's submitted it should work ok with myplex.

And I also submitted a new Plugin for hollywoodreporter.com today as well, so both are in the queue for review.
  • xCharlusxCharlus Posts: 34Members ✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Hello,

Thank you for your amazing work.

I would be very happy if this site could be supported : http://www.rtbf.be/tv/revoir

Hope it'll be possible.

Thanks.

PS : Also, although Arte is supposed to be compatible, I can't make it work : http://videos.arte.tv
  • bonisagusbonisagus Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thanks for everything so far.

Videos from gamerant.com are picked up by the widget (usually) but almost always give a failed error when you try to play them from the MyPlex queue. Not sure if this is something on their side or Plex's, but thought I'd bring it up here.

Piers
  • mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,022Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    bonisagus wrote:

Thanks for everything so far.

Videos from gamerant.com are picked up by the widget (usually) but almost always give a failed error when you try to play them from the MyPlex queue. Not sure if this is something on their side or Plex's, but thought I'd bring it up here.

Piers

Looks like the videos are hosted by YouTube so they *should* work. However, any video which requires users to sign in for age verification is currently not supported. It is a little odd that YouTube requires users to sign in to watch the video but, the video that's embedded on the GameRant page has no such requirement.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
    If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
    ***************************************************************************************************************************************
    Check out unofficial channels in the
    UnSupported AppStore
    Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
    Donate

• bonisagusbonisagus Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    mikedm139 wrote:

Looks like the videos are hosted by YouTube so they *should* work. However, any video which requires users to sign in for age verification is currently not supported. It is a little odd that YouTube requires users to sign in to watch the video but, the video that's embedded on the GameRant page has no such requirement.

Thanks for checking :)
  • xCharlusxCharlus Posts: 34Members ✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Any news on myplex supporting those 2 sites ? :
  • mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,022Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    xCharlus wrote:

Any news on myplex supporting those 2 sites ? :

Issues have been filed and will be dealt with as developer time allows.

If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
    ***************************************************************************************************************************************
    UnSupported AppStore
    Donate

chacon77 wrote:

Added to the list for developers to look into.

UnSupported AppStore
    Donate

• whisker_biskitswhisker_biskits Posts: 17Members
    Please note: any site which requires a user to log in before being able to stream videos, will not work with myPlex.

Will this ever change, or is there any way to do it manually? I use ustvnow.com and would love to stream it to my Roku2.

Thanks for any help!

wb

Will this ever change, or is there any way to do it manually? I use ustvnow.com and would love to stream it to my Roku2.

Thanks for any help!

wb

I believe that it is going to be added at some point. I have no idea when that might happen.
    In the meantime, it *should* be possible to write a full plugin for use with Plex that will handle logging in. In practice, the complexity of implementing that sort of thing in a plugin can range from fairly straightforward to practically impossible.

UnSupported AppStore
    Donate

• superhancpetramsuperhancpetram Posts: 151Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Any chance of supporting crackle.com and screen.yahoo.com?

Any chance of supporting crackle.com and screen.yahoo.com?

Your requests have been noted and a developer will look into them as time allows.

UnSupported AppStore
    Donate

• Hi,

I'd like to request support for this site: http://www.floridainsiderfishingreport.com/videos

I only use Roku now and cut the cord with Directv and I REALLY miss this fantastic show. I would be eternally grateful!!!

Thanks,
    Tim

Hi,

I'd like to request support for this site: http://www.floridainsiderfishingreport.com/videos

I only use Roku now and cut the cord with Directv and I REALLY miss this fantastic show. I would be eternally grateful!!!

Thanks,
    Tim

There's a URL service (for use with myPlex) as well as a Channel Plugin for this I wrote last night sitting in queue to go into the channel directory. It have to go through a bit of testing before it's released but it typically doesn't take too long.
  • Gerk wrote:

There's a URL service (for use with myPlex) as well as a Channel Plugin for this I wrote last night sitting in queue to go into the channel directory. It have to go through a bit of testing before it's released but it typically doesn't take too long.

Fantastic! So the URL service will allow to do PlexIt on the site? And I will be able to find this in the channel directory on the Roku Plex channel? Thanks!

Fantastic! So the URL service will allow to do PlexIt on the site? And I will be able to find this in the channel directory on the Roku Plex channel? Thanks!

Yes and yes, but ... I'm not sure if you can install channels from the Roku, I think you have to use a Plex Media Center client (you can install one on your PMS machine if you don't already have it). You only need it to browse the channel directory and install the plugins though (i think? Not a roku user here), after that they should be viewable on the Roku from your PMS.
  • claudiapatxclaudiapatx Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I would love to see JustinTV !

“Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”