Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Change background overlay

oa-5599oa-5599 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 184 Plex Pass
edited December 2011 in Refocus
I really like the refocus back to blue edition. However, I would like to change the "back to blue" -- to black, still with some opacity.

Which file is this?

I have changed:
<skin>/media/backgrounds/background.png
<skin>/media/overlays/background.png

I have just made them grayscale - and when I restart Plex - the background is still blue.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for a great skin!

Comments

• sandman4suresandman4sure Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 792 Plex Ninja
    oa-5599 wrote:

I really like the refocus back to blue edition. However, I would like to change the "back to blue" -- to black, still with some opacity.

Which file is this?

I have changed:
    <skin>/media/backgrounds/background.png
    <skin>/media/overlays/background.png

I have just made them grayscale - and when I restart Plex - the background is still blue.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for a great skin!

For the blue overlay in all the views (movies, tv shows) the background used is backgrounds/background.png
    For the home screen, the left blue part (behind the menu) is home/menuBackground.png

Try to remove backgrounds/background.png, and restart Plex. Now you will see the fanart is visible without a blue overlay.

Oh, and be sure to alter the right version of reFocus, because of the new Plex version, the skin has moved to the addons folder.
    It is called skin.refocus_for_plex_back_to_blue_edition

• oa-5599oa-5599 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 184 Plex Pass
    edited December 2011

Try to remove backgrounds/background.png, and restart Plex. Now you will see the fanart is visible without a blue overlay.

I have tried that and the blue overlay goes away and the fanart is there.

Oh, and be sure to alter the right version of reFocus, because of the new Plex version, the skin has moved to the addons folder.
    It is called skin.refocus_for_plex_back_to_blue_edition

Yes, that is the folder.
    If I create a complete new 24bit png tranparency - just a black layer with some opacity and put it in the folder: the overlay gets blue again?

What am I missing?

EDIT: I can alter the "home/menuBackground.png" -- and that works, but not the "main" background.png...
  • sandman4suresandman4sure Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 792 Plex Ninja
    oa-5599 wrote:

I have tried that and the blue overlay goes away and the fanart is there.

Yes, that is the folder.
    If I create a complete new 24bit png tranparency - just a black layer with some opacity and put it in the folder: the overlay gets blue again?

What am I missing?

It can be there is some sort of cache going on here…
    Try adding a background2.png next to background.png and change the entry in Includes.xml from :
    <texture background="true">backgrounds/background.png</texture>

to
    <texture background="true">backgrounds/background2.png</texture>

in "grainyeditionback"
  • oa-5599oa-5599 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 184 Plex Pass

It was - thank you very much. I have now changed the to pics, and my skin is now black.

Thank you so much!
  • SoulSoul Members, Plex Pass Posts: 274 Plex Pass
    Just to add in case anyone else reads this, that a 'black' option is now part of the skin itself :D
  • mirabelmirabel Members Posts: 1

Try adding a background2.png next to background.png and change the entry in Includes.xml from :
    <texture background="true">backgrounds/background.png</texture>

to
    <texture background="true">backgrounds/background2.png</texture>

in "grainyeditionback"

Anyone knows how to clear the cache for the skin, or refresh it? I deleted the ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/userdata/Thumbnails and know the skin doesn't load the background.png's. It is just all black. I tried to delete and re-install the skin, but it still just has a black background.