Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Blur for Laika

jaapsjaaps Posts: 187Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited July 2015 in Blur
Check out Preen or Github
Blur is now available for Laika with Preen and at https://github.com/jaaps/skin.blur

Consider this a beta release.

Still much work to be done but it is useable for most users I think.

Happy Holidays,
jaaps

Comments

• vojnikvojnik Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    this skin looks awesome, but one thing i think is a problem for me to use it constantly is the text size is so tiny barely readable, especially 4m from the tv
  • iMickiMick Posts: 39Members
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Best skin for Plex works good :D

On Windows it crashes when you press a button in the menu, do you know a fix for that?
  • salgasalga Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hello jaaps.

Kudos for what, IMHO, is by far the best skin for Plex! Thank you so much for having it adapted for Laika: believe it or not, I held back upgrading to Laika until now because Blur was not available for it!

Cheers,
    Luca
    Hi Jaaps.

One issue to report: settings for display modes (list, info list, etc.) are not "sticky". For example, the "Video Channels" section opens in "Panel" mode no matter what setting it was in the last time it was open.

Thanks,
    Luca
  • troswimtroswim Posts: 7Members
    salga wrote:

Hello jaaps.

Kudos for what, IMHO, is by far the best skin for Plex! Thank you so much for having it adapted for Laika: believe it or not, I held back upgrading to Laika until now because Blur was not available for it!

Cheers,
    Luca

I echo his sentiments. I haven't upgraded to Laika yet just because I was waiting for this skin. All the others suck in my opinion. Thx for the hardwork!
    edited January 2012
    Jaaps, one other thing: the "Power->Sleep" function does not seem to work (on a Mac mini).

Actually two things: input with the Apple Remote to search dialogs does not seem to work as well.

The same functions work with other skins on Laika, so these seem to be issues with Blur.

Thanks,
    Luca
    salga wrote:

Jaaps, one other thing: the "Power->Sleep" function does not seem to work (on a Mac mini).

Actually two things: input with the Apple Remote to search dialogs does not seem to work as well.

The same functions work with other skins on Laika, so these seem to be issues with Blur.

Thanks,
    Luca

I fixed it both ;).

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/37067-bugfix-remote-keyboard-in-laika/
    http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/37069-laika-remote-keyboard-mod/

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/37079-bugfix-sleep-restart-and-shutdown-system/
    Hi Mick.

Thanks, your fixes work for me.

One note: for the "sleep" issue, it's enough just to change the "item 2" onclick value to "<onclick>Suspend</onclick>".

Luca
    Jaaps, one extra thing: pausing a video does not make the OSD appear as before.

Luca
    edited February 2012
    Why would you use that? Pause or menu is not the same I think?
    Do you use a Apple Remote / Logitech Harmony or a keyboard to pause Plex? Then it's also possible to modify the Keymaps.xml :).

Edit:
    Ah I see what you mean! The same as media stream? When you pause it, you see a windows with movie informatie and the cover! :). I will see if I can fix it.
    edited February 2012
    iMick wrote:

Ah I see what you mean! The same as media stream? When you pause it, you see a windows with movie informatie and the cover! :). I will see if I can fix it.

Not exactly. I am referring to the OSD that gets displayed when you press the letter "M" on the keyboard: in pre-Laika Blur, it used to be displayed when you paused any video. Now it doesn't, unless you press "M". Please see the attached picture:

[attachment=9574:fig.jpg]

Cheers,
    Luca
    fig.jpg 28.1K
    Pushed some fixes trough Preen / Github. Let me know if there are bugs, or options that you want!
    Jaaps is very busy at the moment, so sometimes I will push a fix trough Preen / Github.

I also added support for translation files in Blur! If someone would like to translate in there own language, let me know!
    I made the Dutch language file, but if someone likes to improve it, that would be nice.
  • zardoz66zardoz66 Posts: 9Members
    iMick, I'd like to chime in here.

I like the way Blur pauses without an OSD! I hope if you change that it is made an option instead of either-or.

It's really nice because sometimes I might pause to read something, or... marvel at a pretty actress's cleavage, or the like :) The OSD obscures things a lot of times.

But I use a Harmony instead of an Apple Remote so I've probably gotten used to hitting the 'pause' button to pause, the 'Menu' button to bring up the OSD.

(side note: highly recommend the Harmony! It really opens up a lot of functionality in Plex compared to apple remote. Pause, stop, play, previous/next, aspect ratio, info for movie info, guide button switches between Now Playing and my albums when playing music, even the number buttons at bottom of remote work for a large list so you can hit '8' for songs or movies beginning with t-u-v for example, and so on.) Should've bought one two years ago. I got an older model Harmony 650 for $50.
    When I have time, next week, I will have a look. I agree with your opinion @Zardoz66, so if I add it; It will be a choice.
  • jmuck78jmuck78 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Can't seem to find the Global Search Feature in Blur - what am I missing?
  • DCstewieGDCstewieG Posts: 160Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    jmuck78 wrote:

It's not there, skins have to specifically implement it and Blur hasn't.
    jmuck78 wrote:

We could implent it, and give the users the option to enable it inside preferences. But it will cost some time, i'm busy with school at the moment.

In which menu do you want to show 'Global Search'?
    iMick wrote:

We could implent it, and give the users the option to enable it inside preferences. But it will cost some time, i'm busy with school at the moment.

In which menu do you want to show 'Global Search'?

I would (personally) like to see the global search in the top-level menu. I have also see skins implement the search feature so that it is readily accessible from almost anywhere in the skin, but that is a desire, not a requirement...

Appreciate you looking into this - my wife really loves the blur skin, but she uses the search feature regularly and got used to it.
    jmuck78 wrote:

I would (personally) like to see the global search in the top-level menu. I have also see skins implement the search feature so that it is readily accessible from almost anywhere in the skin, but that is a desire, not a requirement...

Appreciate you looking into this - my wife really loves the blur skin, but she uses the search feature regularly and got used to it.

I added an option for the Search menu. You could update through Preen / Github.
    It doesn't look very nice right now, but I dont have much time ;). But It works.

Let me know what could be changed, except for the layout :).
    iMick wrote:

I added an option for the Search menu. You could update through Preen / Github.
    It doesn't look very nice right now, but I dont have much time ;). But It works.

Let me know what could be changed, except for the layout :).

Wow, thanks. I'll check it out!