If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex app for Panasonic Smart Viera

1303132333436»

Comments

• merve04merve04 Posts: 9Members Plex Pass
    edited March 22

I think I’m onto something, I tried a 4K 10bit hdr movie from plex and my tv rebooted :D

• ClosestStormClosestStorm Posts: 79Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@merve04 said:

Panasonic's sdk doesn't support 4k they haven't updated sdk after Firefox discontinued Firefox os. Plex html app doesn't support 4k only the windows and Mac media player.I have tried getting some of the sources from Netflix's app through proxy but it's stored to machine, Netflix's is the only app thats 4k .

edited March 25

This is just so sad on Panasonic’s part. I happen to acquire for free a Samsung UN55KU6290, installed plex and played a 4K hdr file flawlessly, direct stream. Kinda regretting buying Panasonic. I wonder what is happening differently behind the scenes when using the DLNA function of the tv though? If I enable DLNA on plex and go through “My Meda” on the tv and start playing back a 4K file, still transcodes, but using DLNA function from the synology nas plays fine. I have no intentions of using DLNA function, feel like I’m going to end up with another not so smart tv and have to get a 4K roku.

Well I gave up, I returned it in favour of a Samsung UN65MU8000, anything I play on the native plex app it direct plays. hevc, 10bit hdr, mkv anything, all works flawless.

• KutalKutal Posts: 1Members

Hello everyone, I have installed the app ( https://github.com/ClosestStorm/PlexTVFirefoxOS) for my TV panasonic tx-50cx700e but it does not play the video, it stays black when pressing play

Any idea of ​​the failure?

• minicoopernzminicoopernz Posts: 1Members

I just bought a Panasonic TV and i signed up to the developers account.. I submitted the app to them asking them to add it this is what they came back with

"Thank you for contacting the Panasonic IPTV Apps DEVELOPERS Support.
    Please refer to another email thread "QA for newly submitted app : Plex for the status of the app". Thank you.

Best Regards,
    The Panasonic IPTV Apps DEVELOPERS Team"

okayyyy.... lol

I think im just gonna use a http://www.rasplex.com/ for the one function i want.

• jaswantsidhu@gmail.comjaswantsidhu@gmail.com Posts: 1Members

@minicoopernz said:
    I just bought a Panasonic TV and i signed up to the developers account.. I submitted the app to them asking them to add it this is what they came back with

"Thank you for contacting the Panasonic IPTV Apps DEVELOPERS Support.
    Please refer to another email thread "QA for newly submitted app : Plex for the status of the app". Thank you.

Best Regards,
    The Panasonic IPTV Apps DEVELOPERS Team"

okayyyy.... lol

I think im just gonna use a http://www.rasplex.com/ for the one function i want.

So is there an app coming for the Panny TV's?

• lolouk44lolouk44 Posts: 19Members ✭✭

Probably not. I gave up waiting for Panny and bought a Xiaomi Mi Box. Couldn't be happier.

• markblincomarkblinco Posts: 1Members

Guys just googled this and came across the thread, was setting up and then checked Panasonic market place and Plex released and app 3 days ago. Just install and works perfect. Great work Plex!!

• harrogukharroguk Posts: 177Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can you grab some shots of the actual UI please? I assume it is the same as the standard one but there is always the chance that Panasonic have managed to mess it up somewhere.

all-thin-banner.jpg

• stimmedstimmed Posts: 4Members

Also like to confirm this as I just ordered a Panasonic TV thinking every Smart TV now days must do plex...Cant find any information about it being released? If its not going to do plex via the app ill be changing to LG :(

• stimmedstimmed Posts: 4Members

Went into the shop today to confirm. Yup its there came out 2-3 days ago like Mark said! Didnt get a chance to see the UI sorry Harroguk as I just wanted to check if it had the application to get.

• lolouk44lolouk44 Posts: 19Members ✭✭

doesn't appear to be available on TX58DX700B so can't provide screenshots...

• harrogukharroguk Posts: 177Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@stimmed its no problem really. My TV is in shipping from Singapore to Canada so wanted to see if I was going to use the inbuilt plex when it actually arrived.

all-thin-banner.jpg