If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex app for Panasonic Smart Viera

Comments

• jjododjjodod Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

I am unable to see the PLEX app on my 2013 Panny ST60 at all. When I go to the DLNA preference it says no DLNA server found. I understand you folks are trying to develop an app specific for these models, but why don't I see the PLEX client at all? It's not that I'm just getting poor results, I'm not getting any. Is there a step I'm missing or a configuration issue?

• jjododjjodod Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

PS I tried posting this in the DLNA forum over the weekend and received no response. I hope someone can help.

• atrusatrus Posts: 11,100Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    jjodod wrote on August 21 2013, 3:45 PM: »

PS I tried posting this in the DLNA forum over the weekend and received no response. I hope someone can help.

Lets not hijack this thread. Add the link to that thread here and someone will try to help.

 Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
  • didudidu Posts: 40Members ✭✭

Do we have some news from VieraApp  about his App ?

• cgcit@hotmail.comcgcit@hotmail.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Interested as well, Panasonic should look into this!

If we still have no news and plex still have problem with panasonic DLNA in 1-2 month, I will look for pay the viera dev account....but I will have to make the application not free :(

I prefer that VieraApp answers us with good new :)

• atrusatrus Posts: 11,100Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    didu wrote on September 10 2013, 12:04 PM: »

If we still have no news and plex still have problem with panasonic DLNA in 1-2 month, I will look for pay the viera dev account....but I will have to make the application not free :(

I prefer that VieraApp answers us with good new :)

Please create a thread with your DLNA issues and add the link here and I will see if there is anything we can do to help answer those issues. DLNA works quite well for me on my VT50, but I have a special DLNA profile which I do not know if Schuyler has released to others just yet.
     Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
    atrus wrote on September 10 2013, 2:37 PM: »

Please create a thread with your DLNA issues and add the link here and I will see if there is anything we can do to help answer those issues. DLNA works quite well for me on my VT50, but I have a special DLNA profile which I do not know if Schuyler has released to others just yet.

Thank you for the help!

Here is the link http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/80748-panasonic-viera-3d-forward-back-to-begining/

My last post is kind of different but maybe the probleme is not, if you can look: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/78594-shared-video-broken-pipe/

• tony.alldis@googlemail.comtony.alldis@googlemail.com Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass

I really can't believe that Panasonic are sitting idly by, and not contributing to this effort to get a Plex app ported over to their TV's.

It's very short-sighted of them.

To those working on one - and so far seeing some great progress - thanks for the time and effort you are putting into this.

I would also be willing to contribute to any KickStarter project, to assist with the overall costs.

But I think that collaboration here is the key! The more people that work on this, the quicker it will appear! Github would certainly help this project as more people could collaborate towards the goal of producing a quality Plex App for the Viera range that could surpass those on other TV's!

Yes GitHub is a great idea. If I will have the account I will make it on this way.

I have send a mail to panasonic to have a free developper account that will only be able to make a plexapp to panasonic for free.

And I began to twitte on Viera Connect for having a plexapp.

I hope I will have an answers.

• plex@thebenesch.complex@thebenesch.com Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry I have been MIA.  My real job is heavily dependent upon the upcoming holiday, so this time of year is crazy-busy.

Work is continuing, but just slower than I had hoped.  I am focusing on the bare-necessary functionality before submitting it to Panasonic.  I'm hoping that is just a couple of weeks from this point.  Then I would be happy to hear suggestions on the next-to-add features.

Until the Panasonic DLNA profile gets updated, I may have to make the app appear to be another device (like Roku), but that's hopefully just a temporary work-around.

Didu, FYI, even if you are planning on making the app available for free, you still need a paid developer account (just like Apple).  It sucks, especially since Panasonic provides a lot fewer services than Apple does, but that's the way it is.

• tony.alldis@googlemail.comtony.alldis@googlemail.com Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass
    didu wrote on September 15 2013, 3:40 PM: »

Yes GitHub is a great idea. If I will have the account I will make it on this way.

I have send a mail to panasonic to have a free developper account that will only be able to make a plexapp to panasonic for free.

And I began to twitte on Viera Connect for having a plexapp.

I hope I will have an answers.

I have also tweeted on the Viera Connect Dev account on Twitter asking about a Plex App - maybe we can get some traction on this if we do that!

VieraApp wrote on September 15 2013, 4:10 PM: »

Sorry I have been MIA.  My real job is heavily dependent upon the upcoming holiday, so this time of year is crazy-busy.

Work is continuing, but just slower than I had hoped.  I am focusing on the bare-necessary functionality before submitting it to Panasonic.  I'm hoping that is just a couple of weeks from this point.  Then I would be happy to hear suggestions on the next-to-add features.

Until the Panasonic DLNA profile gets updated, I may have to make the app appear to be another device (like Roku), but that's hopefully just a temporary work-around.

Didu, FYI, even if you are planning on making the app available for free, you still need a paid developer account (just like Apple).  It sucks, especially since Panasonic provides a lot fewer services than Apple does, but that's the way it is.

Many thanks for the update. Glad to hear that there is a possibility that this could now be with us in weeks!

The basic DLNA interface in Panasonic products is so limited, so to be able to have the same friendly but powerful features that we come to expect from Plex will be most welcome!

Thanks for all your efforts, you will have many Panasonic owners owing you a debt of gratitude!

So Great to have news !

@VieraApp I know about "paid developer account" so I ask them to make it free specialy for plex :p

edited September 2013
    TonyA wrote on September 15 2013, 4:36 PM: »

I have also tweeted on the Viera Connect Dev account on Twitter asking about a Plex App - maybe we can get some traction on this if we do that!

I am not sure they still use their twitter account :( they didnt post since 3 month+

• darrenmcdarrenmc Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

just got several Panasonic tvs so really looking for this app...keep up the good work

• wineauxwineaux Posts: 252Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've got a Panasonic ET5 and I too would LOVE to see a Plex app for my Viera.  I really curious though why we haven't seen any public support from Elan on this app though, as he categorically stated in one of his Blogs from earlier this year that he had just purchased a Panasonic Viera Smart TV and was planning on writing a Plex app for it.  Whatever happened on that front?

Elan..........  ;)

• plex@thebenesch.complex@thebenesch.com Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Elan did reach out to me to provide whatever assistance he could.  He may be avoiding public support since I haven't actually released anything yet.  Getting closer, though.  It's almost to a point that is ready for submission to Panasonic, but Panasonic requires a long form to be filled out.  Gotta set aside a few hours for screen shots and documentation creation.

• SnowleX01SnowleX01 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    VieraApp wrote on September 27 2013, 5:40 PM: »

Elan did reach out to me to provide whatever assistance he could.  He may be avoiding public support since I haven't actually released anything yet.  Getting closer, though.  It's almost to a point that is ready for submission to Panasonic, but Panasonic requires a long form to be filled out.  Gotta set aside a few hours for screen shots and documentation creation.

That's a great news!! Thanks for the info!!!