If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex app for Panasonic Smart Viera

Comments

• darrenmcdarrenmc Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That's really good news...looking forward to the release.

• André.JeAndré.Je Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Fantastisch News! Totally support you :)
  • JSEHVJSEHV Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, finally! I was really waiting for the support or Panasonic tv's!

Please let us know when it is submitted to the Viera store :)

• eaglezeaglez Posts: 1Members

I'm also waiting so keep up the good work! :)

• kvonkankvonkan Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

Bump.

*How is it going* ? 

Just got the TXL55ET60Y.

Realy looking forward for the app.

//Kvonkan

• sixspeedsixspeed Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

On the verge of ordering a TV - I really want the Viera, but the Samsung is a close second (swayed by a great Plex app). This would be a fantastic result though if this came to fruition (and bolster my purchase of the Panny!) 

• edddeduckedddeduck Posts: 134Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
    VieraApp wrote on September 27 2013, 5:40 PM: »

Elan did reach out to me to provide whatever assistance he could.  He may be avoiding public support since I haven't actually released anything yet.  Getting closer, though.  It's almost to a point that is ready for submission to Panasonic, but Panasonic requires a long form to be filled out.  Gotta set aside a few hours for screen shots and documentation creation.

I own a Panasonic Viera GT60 and I am a developer by day, if you need any help filling out forms or doing QA/production stuff I freely offer my time to the cause. :)

Edwin

• tony.alldis@googlemail.comtony.alldis@googlemail.com Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass
    Took delivery of a TX-P50VT65 yesterday.

DLNA from Plex Server is flaky to say the least.

Looking forward to Plex app being available sometime soon.

Any news on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  • ronnyjrronnyjr Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can't wait to get Plex on my TX-L47ET5Y! Currently I'm using Playback as media server on the Mac, but would absolutely love the sweet Plex interface on the big screen! 

Keep us posted! :D

• jpsoutlookjpsoutlook Posts: 151Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been testing Plex on my 65VT50 and it does not work well at all.  I tested mkv's that will play with out any trans coding via Serviio flawless, but with Plex they studder audio drops out even with all settings set to direct play.  SMH  Wonder if a Viera Plex app would help.  I love Plex on my  Samsung UN75F7100, the app is what made me switch to Samsung and also because Pani don't make a 75" plasma.  So I guess I will run both side by side.

EX495 WHS v1

Gigabit Lan Hardwired

• tony.alldis@googlemail.comtony.alldis@googlemail.com Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass

I have been testing Plex on my 65VT50 and it does not work well at all. I tested mkv's that will play with out any trans coding via Serviio flawless, but with Plex they studder audio drops out even with all settings set to direct play. SMH Wonder if a Viera Plex app would help. I love Plex on my Samsung UN75F7100, the app is what made me switch to Samsung and also because Pani don't make a 75" plasma. So I guess I will run both side by side.

EX495 WHS v1
    Gigabit Lan Hardwired

Hi when you say you have been testing Plex do you mean Plex as a DLNA server to the TV?

I've also tried this and the TV consistently can not get the right ratio, and also splutters the picture consistently.

Do we have any news on the app? The last posting was that there were forms to fill in for Panasonic but since that posting there has been no further update.

Anyone gave any idea what's happening?

• bluedevil229bluedevil229 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So good to hear development is continuing!

If possible, I'd be happy to do some testing on my 60ST60.

LOVE PLEX!

• AstralmindAstralmind Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass

I'd be more happy to help!

• jpsoutlookjpsoutlook Posts: 151Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    TonyA wrote on October 26 2013, 10:55 AM: »

Hi when you say you have been testing Plex do you mean Plex as a DLNA server to the TV?

I've also tried this and the TV consistently can not get the right ratio, and also splutters the picture consistently.

Do we have any news on the app? The last posting was that there were forms to fill in for Panasonic but since that posting there has been no further update.

Anyone gave any idea what's happening?

I am not a developer, just and end user.  Yes I have been testing DLNA Plex on 65VT50.

• smailpourismailpouri Posts: 10Members

great news ! Own a VIERA ST60

• didudidu Posts: 40Members ✭✭
    edited November 2013

Some news  :( ? [member='VieraApp']

• j1mcranej1mcrane Posts: 5Members
    I really want this for my TV!!!
  • becstabecsta Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I bought a panasonic tv a few months ago. I am today buying a second tv for the living room and as much as I would like to get another panasonic Samsung have won as they already have a plex app. I am looking forward to being able to get plex on my Panasonic, good job to those working on it.
  • fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This has clearly been abandoned.

• didudidu Posts: 40Members ✭✭

Yes It look like it have been abandoned.

R.I.P panasonic and VieraApp.