If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex app for Panasonic Smart Viera

Comments

• grayfmgrayfm Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass
    edited November 2013

Developing a client takes quite a bit of time and effort. You can't just expect a fully working released version in so little time. Less than 2 months since last reply means nothing. Also take a look at the user page: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/user/104986-vieraapp "Last active Today". No need for sensationalism ;).

I'm willing to help with the project. I PMed the dev indicating my interest, so hopefully there can be more than one code monkey working on this.

• edddeduckedddeduck Posts: 134Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
    grayfm wrote on November 17 2013, 8:37 AM: »

Developing a client takes quite a bit of time and effort. You can't just expect a fully working released version in so little time. Less than 2 months since last reply means nothing. Also take a look at the user page: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/user/104986-vieraapp "Last active Today". No need for sensationalism ;).

I'm willing to help with the project. I PMed the dev indicating my interest, so hopefully there can be more than one code monkey working on this.

I agree 100% with this comment! Developing takes time especially when you are not being paid to develop and have a day job! I would also love the client today but equally I understand the complexity of development.

Making comments like "clearly abandoned" in an obvious attempt to get the developer to reply will hardly help speaking from experience. When something happens I am sure he will update us in this thread.

Edwin
  • iCellaiCella Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1

Looking forward to enjoy Plex on my Viera!

• Remi8Remi8 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass

Just bought a new beautiful 50 inch Panasonic. It would be even more great if it had a working Plex client.

If anyone steps up, I will gladly give them money for their hard work!

• rabby80rabby80 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1, just ordered a brand new TX-P42ST60, I'm really looking forward to get a working plex client on viera TV

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

• jpsoutlookjpsoutlook Posts: 151Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    rabby80 wrote on November 20 2013, 7:03 PM: »

+1, just ordered a brand new TX-P42ST60, I'm really looking forward to get a working plex client on viera TV

I have a 65VT50 and when I use Plex via DLNA my movies skip/studder with the current Viera profile in the current build.   And that is with files that require no trans coding.

• tony.alldis@googlemail.comtony.alldis@googlemail.com Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass

I have a 65VT50 and when I use Plex via DLNA my movies skip/studder with the current Viera profile in the current build. And that is with files that require no trans coding.

Same issue for me and it screws with the aspect ratio. I've switched off DLNA in Plex and now using Twonky Server for DLNA which is sweet!

Roll on the Plex App!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • atrusatrus Posts: 11,100Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I am using DLNA to my VT50 and it works fairly well the few times I tried it. But I am using a special DLNA profile which I have added in a few threads in the DLNA subforum. Which by the way is where you two guys should continue this discussion, and not in this thread.

 Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
  • tony.alldis@googlemail.comtony.alldis@googlemail.com Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass

I am using DLNA to my VT50 and it works fairly well the few times I tried it. But I am using a special DLNA profile which I have added in a few threads in the DLNA subforum. Which by the way is where you two guys should continue this discussion, and not in this thread.

Care to provide a link?

• atrusatrus Posts: 11,100Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    TonyA wrote on November 24 2013, 2:36 PM: »

Care to provide a link?

https://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/80748-panasonic-viera-3d-forward-back-to-begining/?p=465458

 Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
  • adityak2603adityak2603 Posts: 1Members

I am ready to personally invest my time in helping Vierrapp. I write code as a day job.

Did anyone get a github link to this project?

• bbuecheler@me.combbuecheler@me.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1

I'd love using Plex like that on my TV!
  • sixspeedsixspeed Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Have a Panny Viera TX-L32E6B which is currently accessing my PMS via DLNA. Unlike everyone else though, it seems to work absolutely fine straight out of the box.

However, I would dearly love to have the shiny PHT interface instead of the rather "functionally aesthetic" DLNA Media Server menus that I currently have to trawl through to find my content. 

Is there any update from the Panasonic-owning developers/coders/programmers?

• damianiwdamianiw Posts: 51Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I have the UT50 viera and plex via dlna works well, I would contribute towards app development so we get supported fast forward and marking watched<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Damian
  • rabby80rabby80 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    damianiw wrote:
    I have the UT50 viera and plex via dlna works well, I would contribute towards app development so we get supported fast forward and marking watched

Regards

Damian

Hint: in order to match watched, (even watched through dlna) you can register to www.trakt.tv and install/configure trakt bundle on your pms

• mitko.kostovmitko.kostov Posts: 10Members

I have Plex Version 0.9.8.17 running on Windows 7 64 bit and streaming to my Panasonic TX-L42ET60E. The problem is that when I pause a video and then resume playing the video, the video will restart from the beginning. Thanks in advance for any ideas to solve this problem.

• buescherbuescher Posts: 49Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Mitko wrote on December 28 2013, 1:10 PM: »

I have Plex Version 0.9.8.17 running on Windows 7 64 bit and streaming to my Panasonic TX-L42ET60E. The problem is that when I pause a video and then resume playing the video, the video will restart from the beginning. Thanks in advance for any ideas to solve this problem.

Hey Mitko,

It is not helpful if you post your question (without using the search) to several Topics.

Get the correct Profile for your TV, dont use transcoding and your problems are gone.

• j1mcranej1mcrane Posts: 5Members
    It appears this thread has been hijacked!!

If you have specific issues regarding your setup, POST IT IN A SEPARATE THREAD!

Some of us subscribe to this thread because we are interested in the apps development, NOT your inability to stream from your
    PC!!

Thanks
  • dbeneschdbenesch Posts: 2Members
    edited December 2013

Looking forward to it!

• DaveTheNerdDaveTheNerd Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2013

...Yes, I'm replying to the post *below* mine ... I will HAPPILY pay $3 for this!