Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REQ] Get rid of Channels subsections and display your recently used plugins instead

unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
Not having the plugins to use available on the home screen is a shame. I love how the mobile apps shows the most recently used apps from all sections, including Applications, Video, Music, etc. This is much more intuitive, and delivers your content with less steps. If I want to watch Revision3, instead of going to Channels->Video and navigating to the plugin, the icon would just be there under channels, since I had used it recently. What do you think? So I could have the iTunes, Revision3, Netflix, Hulu, Tune In, Pandora, SABnzbd, etc. all under the same roof. Please make this a reality!!

Comments

• CloudDwellerCloudDweller Members, Plex Pass Posts: 228 Plex Pass
    Because I have a single channel entry in the main menu, it’s not possible to show the recently used ones for all categories, like the iOS client does. This is a limitation of the skinning engine and so unless I ungroup the channels and have separate entries for each, I won't be able to get around this unless the devs implement it.

What do you and indeed others think about ungrouping the channels? Personally I'm not a fan but I'm open to what others think.
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    I would like it, with the option to hide the picture channels. I use video plugins a lot, as well as music and applications. I know it would make my life way easier to access my most used from home. Hopefully others feel the same way :)
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    Just wanted to bring this up again, as it is a feature that I would love in the skin. And I am all-for ungrouping channels, and being able to hide sections not in use, like the default skin does. Please? :)
  • marshallhinesmarshallhines Members, Plex Pass Posts: 26 Plex Pass
    Russ wrote:

Just wanted to bring this up again, as it is a feature that I would love in the skin. And I am all-for ungrouping channels, and being able to hide sections not in use, like the default skin does. Please? :)

I like the idea of having the channels themselves available from the main screen. And sorting them by most recently used sounds like a logical next step. I especially like the idea of being able to hide some of the unused ones, seriously I have no idea what "Applications" even does?

But I would make a different recommendation to having all of the channels dumped into one group.

Perhaps the icons for the channels could be spread below the main menubar in the same way "on deck" and "recently added" are below Movies, or TV. Then you could press down to move to the next type of channels... for example,

You first see the video channel icons; Hulu, Netflix, and The Daily Show when you select Channels, then you press down (moving to Audio) and you see iTunes, Pandora, NPR, then you press down (moving to Pictures) and you see iPhoto, etc.