If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No HDD hibernation when PMS is running

darth.spawn@yahoo.dedarth.spawn@yahoo.de Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass
Hi guys,
I've one problem with my Synology DS-411+II and PMS. If I activate the PMS there is no chance to get the HDDs in standby mode. I have no auto-refresh of the library active and no scheduled one either.
My SW versions are: 0.9.5.2 Plex for Synology and DSM 3.2-1955. I only use a few services on the NAS. Does anyone have any further idea what I can do, because if I stop the Plex Server, the HDDs go to sleep so it has to be the Plex...
I reinstalled the PMS on my DS but with no success. Should I post any logs?

Comments

• MrFischMrFisch Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Same Problem here... I have the synology DS1010+
  • darth.spawn@yahoo.dedarth.spawn@yahoo.de Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass
    Oh it's really anoying to see the hard discs running all the time and since now I have no idea how to fix that. Is there really nobody who can help with this problem? It's should be the same with all linux systems because of the write activity of the PMS no hdd can go to standby. I am happy for all suggestions how I could fix that.