If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Issue with shared server and language selection

jfk980124jfk980124 Posts: 19Members
Hi,
I've been running in an issue with the iOS client as well as the Apple TV when accessing a shared server. I think it happens with all clients, but only tested with the Linux meda server.
A client accessing a shared server cannot choose the audio / subtitle stream.
Whenever the client tries to change it, the changes do not apply and playing the media will be using the choice made when accessing the media server as a regular server.

I think that since the "guest" user does not have an account id associated, the system cannot create an entry in the media_part_settings table so that when playing, it uses the settings set by the admin user.

Similarly, the system won't remember where a "guest" user stopped the last time and won't suggest to start back from where he was.

Any idea?
Jeff

Comments

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,395Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Hi, and welcome to Plex!

We'll be addressing these issues in a future release for sure.

instagram: @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the brother's photography blog // the dog's twitter feed.

• jfk980124jfk980124 Posts: 19Members
    Thanks!
    Is there a bugtracker for Plex Server where we can post issues ? Or should we use the forum as a way to describe bugs?
  • elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,395Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Generally they are described/discussed in here and then we capture them in an internal tracker.

instagram: @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the brother's photography blog // the dog's twitter feed.