If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

is it possible to define the settings for a WebVideoItem in your own bundle not globally?
I am writing a plugin for a vimeo feed and the dimensions in vimeo.xml don't fit at all so I had to define my own.

• jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,303Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    You can put custom site configuration files in "~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Site Configurations" while you're developing. It's not possible to apply site configurations on a per-bundle basis, since several plug-ins could be using content from the same site and keeping the config files shared would let all plug-ins benefit from improvements.

You may have some difficulty with Vimeo though - we'll probably need to add some more features to the media server to fully support it. The file included in SiteConfigurations.bundle is still a work in progress (hence why there's no Vimeo plug-in available yet). If you run in to any problems or limitations within the framework or site config file structure, please let us know & we'll do our best to improve things. We want to make plug-in development as easy as possible :)
  • elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,844Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited February 2009
    I think the things needs for Vimeo are:

* Improved mouse emulation (gotta make the mouse "wiggle" to get the controls to display).
    * Dynamic dimensions specification (e.g. width="width() - 10") since the video sizes do vary.

Of course, in lieu of that you could try to get access to the H.264/FLV streams :-)

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• bmfrostybmfrosty Posts: 384Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    elan wrote on Feb 23 2009, 10:57 AM:
    Of course, in lieu of that you could try to get access to the H.264/FLV streams :-)

I like this idea a lot. In my experience FlashPlayer has never been something that can really provide a stable framerate, and I'd almost always rather see buffer and decode handled by Plex.
    Subtitles - Serious Business
  • marcoppcmarcoppc Posts: 42Members
    elan wrote on Feb 23 2009, 07:57 PM:

Perhaps it would be possible to reverse engineer the access to the direct streams but i guess sites like vimeo wouldn't like this and change it quite often. So I think it is a nice idea to use flash.

I want to access vimeo videos like this: http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3265369
    To view them I had to change the dimensions to <crop x="0" y="95" width="1020" height="585" /> that worked for all streams of the feed. But if you find a solution that fits all vimeo videos I'm fine with it too :)