If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

repeat option for client player

wavydavywavydavy Posts: 164Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
I posted about this in the windows client forum a couple of days ago and got no response, thought this might be a better place to ask

Is it possible to repeat the same video over and over again with Plex? This would be handy for advertising purposes, e.g. instore promos for small shops or even better still for supermarkets and department stores (diferent ads running in different departments)

My friend has a display home to help sell new homes, it has two LG's it would be awesome to be able to stream two different pieces of content for each tv and have them play in their own repeating loop while the display home was open.

Might also be handy for personal use too if you want to repeat your favourite music video a few times or any other video you cant get enough of.

Comments

• vojnikvojnik Posts: 59Members Plex Pass
    wavydavy wrote:

I posted about this in the windows client forum a couple of days ago and got no response, thought this might be a better place to ask

Is it possible to repeat the same video over and over again with Plex? This would be handy for advertising purposes, e.g. instore promos for small shops or even better still for supermarkets and department stores (diferent ads running in different departments)

My friend has a display home to help sell new homes, it has two LG's it would be awesome to be able to stream two different pieces of content for each tv and have them play in their own repeating loop while the display home was open.

Might also be handy for personal use too if you want to repeat your favourite music video a few times or any other video you cant get enough of.

isnt plex a bit overkill to just play repeating video?
  • wavydavywavydavy Posts: 164Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2012
    vojnik wrote:

isnt plex a bit overkill to just play repeating video?

Not if you are serving different repeating content to different tv's from a single server, if anything it is not overkill it is the perfect solution for serving digital signage/advertising.

VLC player has a repeat option and you can setup one computer to be a vlc server, the only problem with this is you need multiple pc's for each client as well as the server. This is a much more expensive way of setting up a way to serve instore advertising content.
  • elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,399Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    We don't have this feature yet, but I'll note it, as I can see where it would be useful in a variety of cases.

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• wavydavywavydavy Posts: 164Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Elan,

I found out a couple of days ago Samsung's inbuilt video player can repeat video titles and create playlists of them as well, once dlna support is official for plex it should be possible to do this with samsung tv's and bluray players.
  • Oz_PlexorOz_Plexor Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass
    elan wrote on February 27 2012, 7:30 PM: »

We don't have this feature yet, but I'll note it, as I can see where it would be useful in a variety of cases.

+1 for us too. We could use Plex to playback video to a host of AV or mobile devices runninng different OS's. We're looking at a Rasplex device as a standard output device for connecting a multitude of projectors, TV's and Android and IOS devices throughout the entire enterprise environment.

Autoplay a media file or section on startup would be great as well as play all media in a section. I would vote for this over Playlists, which others might not.

I always set up our corporate videos in a home video section, as they obviously don't scrape, (yet =:) ).

Thanks for all the good work.

Cheers,

O_P

• Wagner CursinoWagner Cursino Posts: 2Members

Hi Folks, by the way, i see that we have now the option of repeating a video using Plex Home Theater.

But I couldn't find the "[ 1 ]" or "[ All ]" option for the iOS version. Is it hidden somewhere?

• internationalmotorsbviinternationalmotorsbvi Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Its been years guys, a simple loop button should be something standard on all players. When will you guys get this set up?

• MoozheMoozhe Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

3 years and no Repeat feature in the web player?  Just do it guys.

• sflenplsflenpl Posts: 2Members

I thought I was just incompetent because I could not figure out how to loop/repeat a video.

Please - a simple repeat button on the specific video's screen (next to the stop/play/fast forward/go back buttons) would be a fantastic addition!

Thank you.

• pikeupepikeupe Posts: 110Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

slt

I would like
    +1

• veranyonveranyon Posts: 23Members ✭✭
    edited September 25

(Don't know English very well. From Russian. Excuse me, that I don't know English, and that I do nothing, that my state would not be an aggressor (Ukraine, Crimea). I'm afraid to speak out against our government, but it does not justify me.)
    I decided that one with a little other approach - make a movie container from any audio/video stream, with quick time 7.x player under mac os x.
    This one isn't a loop playing, but the repeat movie with so times so times you past copied movie in itself.
    1. Open any video with quicktime 7.6 player under mac os x and save it (not export!!! and just save) as mov file type (mov container that's native container of apple media one) and close that file/window of qtime.
    2. Open that movie file in second time with qtime 7 one.
    3. Copy timeline in the clipboard (cmd+a > cmd>c) and past that memory region in the same movie/window (cmd+b) with such times who we want that movie will repeated. If you want that movie will repeated with 10000, so have number as 10 in cube)) - past region 10 times > cmd+a, cmd+c and past that new memory region 10 times again)).
    (remark: if you open any not mov file and begin to make so copy>past manipulations, You will have a very big file. At first exactly save file as mov!!! and after it to manipulate (copy/past changes) - so you will have not very big file. A system poiners in mov container only + audio/video stream of original. And you stream won't have changes. For example: if you cut a half time of movie, so you dont drop that stream. Always repair original stream to mp4, mkv etc.).
    4. Copy mov file to plex library' place and rescan that library.
    5. profit.