Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Metadata agents for exported XBMC library

Comments

• gboudreaugboudreau Members, Plex Pass Posts: 82 Plex Pass
    edited April 2012
    mitch969 wrote:

For the good news, I can see that the remote URLs for posters & fanarts are present in PMS but the images are not processed (I mean I have to select each Plex logo to display the image).

Looks like the preview URL is missing, or bad.
    I added log lines for the remote posters & fanarts found in a nfo.

"Found (remote) poster at: previewUrl > full artwork url"

Look for that in the logs to find the preview URLs the plugin finds, and test it in your browser, to make sure it works.

mitch969 wrote:

For the bad news, your metadata agent doesn't load the poster.tbn and fanart.jpg by default. So I see a poster and fanart in MediaManager but not the good ones. Probably one of the remote URLs.

I guess that when the metadata agent added the remote URLs for poster and fanart, it deleted the original images.

The challenge here will be to add the poster.tbn (as the default image) and the remote URLs at the same time. Same for fanart.jpg.

The local artworks were imported fine, but they appeared after the remote artworks, because they were added to the list before.......
    Anyway, I now load the local files after the remote URLs, and the default posters & fanarts displayed in Plex are now the local files.
    Re-download the latest zip to get that change.
  • mitch969mitch969 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 319 Plex Ninja

The local artworks were imported fine, but they appeared after the remote artworks, because they were added to the list before.......
    Anyway, I now load the local files after the remote URLs, and the default posters & fanarts displayed in Plex are now the local files.
    Re-download the latest zip to get that change.

I tested the latest zip. It is exactly the same as before, I don't have the local files as default (still the remote URLs).
  • gwarkylegwarkyle Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2

That's why I said "I didn't add anything for the seasons thumbs."
    Season artworks/thumbs will NOT be imported right now.
    Maybe if you find the documentation where it says where season thumbs are loaded from in XBMC, I might write something when I have some free time.

Sorry about that. I don't know why I didn't comprehend that post.

According to the XBMC wiki, the season pulls its "thumbnail" from the root of the season folder and looks at a file called seasonxx.tbn (with xx being a season number). I don't use XBMC myself. I use Media Center Master to get my metadata for the Media Browser plugin in Windows Media Center. Right now I have a folder.jpg in the season folder which is how I would prefer to have the season folder pull its image. I have found conflicting info that says this method should also work in XBMC. Either method would work for me though, if you get some spare time to code this. Thank you much.
    edited April 2012
    mitch969 wrote:

I tested the latest zip. It is exactly the same as before, I don't have the local files as default (still the remote URLs).

Sorry it doesn't work for you.
    I tested by installing the newest zip, restating PMS, creating a new section, and when before I had one of the remote artwork as default, it now shows the local artworks.

Anyone else experiences this problem (remote artworks used as default instead of local files) with the latest version?

Also, did you check the logs to see what URLs appear for your remote artworks, to understand why the previews are missing?
  • mitch969mitch969 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 319 Plex Ninja
    I am sure that the issue is still present because I reinstalled PMS, installed the latest version and tested.

Guillaume, if you have enabled Local Media Assets (Movies), you won't see the issue.
  • bing281bing281 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass
    How do you get this to work for television season posters?
    mitch969 wrote:

I am sure that the issue is still present because I reinstalled PMS, installed the latest version and tested.

Guillaume, if you have enabled Local Media Assets (Movies), you won't see the issue.

OK, thanks.
    I disabled the remote artworks in Github just now, since this will cause more headaches for most users.
    If anyone finds a solution, let me know.
  • psycikpsycik Members, Plex Pass Posts: 390 Plex Pass
    bing281 wrote:

So basically it doesn't work?

No, no implemented, there is a difference.

Plex for IOS, PlexConnect, Roku3 and NextPVR Channel

Plex PMS on AMD A10 for movies and TV, and Plex PMS on AMD A8 with NextPVR custom scanner and Agent

• luthienluthien Members, Plex Pass Posts: 147
    edited April 2012
    is there any way to implent it? i got the season posters in the root folder named seasonxx.tbn.

i wouldn't mind a quick and dirty solution :P
    luthien wrote:

is there any way to implent it? i got the season posters in the root folder named seasonxx.tbn.

It's possible, but not yet done.
    Since the thing is open-source, I'll be happy to merge any pull request received on Github that would add this feature.
    And for people without (Python) know-how, you can always pay someone to do what you want for you...
    vworker.com
    peopleperhour.com
    freelancer.com
    etc.
  • myhtpcmyhtpc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 96 Plex Pass
    Hi Guillaume,

after several weeks offline, I started using your importer - thanks for developing this XBMC Import.
    As I want to filter my content for Kids / non Kids content, I have updated all my 500 mpaa ratings in XBMC. I now have found, that this will not get imported.

In my nfo file, there is a line:
    <mpaa>ab 16 Jahren</mpaa>

it seems that this will not be stored in the info.xml file:
    <content_rating></content_rating>

interestingly the log-file says:
    2012-05-04 12:03:30,000 (db0) :  INFO (core:324) - Content Rating: ab 16 Jahren

Do you have any idea what goes wrong?
    Hi Guillaume,

don't you have any idea what's going wrong with my content_ratings?

All the Best

myhtpc
    myhtpc wrote:

Hi Guillaume,

don't you have any idea what's going wrong with my content_ratings?

All the Best

myhtpc

I quickly looked at the code, and couldn't find a reason for it not to work.
    I didn't have time to further test this. It will stay on my stack until I do have time.
    And I just merged the first other-than-me contribution through Github!
    https://github.com/gboudreau/XBMC-TVShows-Metadata-Agent-for-Plex/pull/1

j0nathan33 made the following changes, which are now available in the official Github repo, and thus included in the download links in the 1st post:
    - fix bug support year and add search year
    - fix bug and add banner for season
    - Add banner for special season
    - fix bug for multi show with the same show

Thanks j0nathan33!
    myhtpc wrote:

Hi Guillaume,

after several weeks offline, I started using your importer - thanks for developing this XBMC Import.
    As I want to filter my content for Kids / non Kids content, I have updated all my 500 mpaa ratings in XBMC. I now have found, that this will not get imported.

In my nfo file, there is a line:

it seems that this will not be stored in the info.xml file:
    <content_rating></content_rating>

interestingly the log-file says:
    2012-05-04 12:03:30,000 (db0) :  INFO (core:324) - Content Rating: ab 16 Jahren

Do you have any idea what goes wrong?

I tried here, and it seems to work fine.

My NFO has:
    <mpaa>Rated R</mpaa>

And the log said:
    2012-05-12 14:17:55,725 (-4fa6b000) :  INFO (__init__:229) - Content Rating: Rated R

And the Manager UI shows the same thing:
    Screen%20Shot%202012-05-12%20at%2014.19.24%20.png

I also tried changing my nfo to:

I hit Cmd-R in the Manager UI, and got that same value in the metadata:
    Screen%20Shot%202012-05-12%20at%2014.26.02%20.png
    edited May 2012
    Hi Guillaume,

thanks for your efforts. It seems, that the problem was in the DataBase.
    My movie section was tagged already by the old scrapper and it seems, that overwriting it with your scanner didn't work out stable enough (some did, some not).

I have now deleted the whole section, building up the same directly with your scanner and - it worked ;-)

Thanks again

myhtpc
  • Andrew KuoAndrew Kuo Members Posts: 5
    Hi Guillaume and all
    Really appreciate for your effort and kind to develop good stuff like this for all Plex users.
    I am fresh for plex from Taiwan and have my films metadata in Chinese, plex server host on a synology DS412+ by official package released from package center in 0.9.5.3.

I have my each movie metadata in [ChineseMovieName]EnglishMovieName(Year).nfo format with fanart.jpg & folder.jpg under each movie folder.

When I turned the agent to be nfo importer, it looks nothing scrapped from local NFO file even drawings.
    But when I turned the agent to be any online scrapper, it is working but all in English which my parents do not understand.

Could you please kindly help to figure out any action I can do with this trouble? Thanks.

PS. My NFO file is not directly exported from XBMC but created by another utility which scrap chinese content for users in Taiwan. These NFO files works for XBMC very well.
  • JkmcneJkmcne Members Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    I'm having trouble with tv shows and movies that I have not scrapped from the net. I use Ember Media Manager to scrape and enter all my metadata information. I have TV Shows and Movies that are not in databases like IMBD and TVDB and I have just entered the information manually in Ember but when I try to scrape it with the nfo agent in plex the information does not appear.

I eventually figured out after much frustration that because these shows and movies aren't from a online database ember has not put an id to them.
    I can fix movies eaisly by just going into the nfo file and putting an id in there like this
    <id>MIKADO2011</id>

and it scrapes the information correctly. However this does not work for tv shows as it scrapes the tv show information from the nfo but not the episode information. The actor information also doesn't appear at the tv show level

Edit:
    I would like to not that anyone who uses this method to get metadata and edit it in ember, for ember not to overwrite your self put in id's your id's have to confirm to a standard. for movies that standard is having to lower case t's before your id
    <id>ttMIKADO2011</id>

and for tv shows that have to be numbers
    <id>287537287537</id>

any non confirming id's will either be changed (I have only found this to be the case for movies and not tv shows), or ember will simply remove them (this mostly happens with tv shows.

This hasn't fixed the problem of episode information not showing up in plex though.

2nd Edit:
    I eventually figured out (by accident) that if I rename my mp4 files from .mp4 to .m4v it shows the episode information. However this only works for shows using the naming convention of
    Show Name - s##e## - Episode Title

and not shows named with Plex's datebased convention of
    The Colbert Report - 2011-11-15 - Elijah Wood.avi

found here Date-Based TV Show Shows.

Is there a way to fix this? I can't use the normal s##e## type naming convention for Music Videos as I would be forever renaming the files as soon as I added new files.

Note: it still needs the id number to be able to retrieve the metadata from the nfo files