If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Metadata agents for exported XBMC library

Comments

• SlrGSlrG Posts: 478Members ✭✭

@orbtwin-plex:
    Thank your for uploading the logs. Please give the newest version of the tv agent (1.1-83) a try. It should improve your situation. I found some shows in my testing library however, where the xbmcnfotv agent is never called by plex in the configuration you describe above only the thetvdb and local media assets agents are run and do find nothing. If you have such shows too, there is nothing I can do to change it. The plex devs will have to find the reason, why the agent is not called.

• orbtwin-plexorbtwin-plex Posts: 202Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK ...
    first of all my apologies for not uploading the logs before. In fact, for the past bugs i had i wait for some dev or somebody to get resolved. Last day, simply i forget...and was late at night :o ...Sorry
    for the next days i'm gonna get very busy and i'll give a try for the last version.
    thanks ... thanks!!

• robert.j.ericksonrobert.j.erickson Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has everyone else had the "tagline" field disappear since the 1.3.4 update? It's still missing on 1.4.3, 1.4.5, and now 1.5.0.

For movies it does not show in the overview anymore, but is visible and contains the value set by the agent if you click edit for the movie. For the tv shows I believe it never worked even if there is a field if you click edit on a show. In both cases it is IMHO a plex side thing and nothing the agent can do about. You will have to contact the plex devs.

• caspersecasperse Posts: 106Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 19

@SlrG said:
    @casperse:
    I gave it a try, but it doesn't work. The plex field for the actor thumb seems to take an url only. Putting a local path and filename into it makes plex show no actor at all. Loading the thumb and assigning the cached content to the field doesn't work either. So at the moment there is nothing in my knowledge I can do to assign local actor thumbs. Sorry.

@SlrG: Thank You so much for trying! :) for a moment I was actually hoping all these locally stored actor thumbs would be usefull ;-)

@orbtwin-plex: Could you share a couple of lines from your NFO file showing the actor links? (I tried EMBER and I am not happy, it renamed all my existing NFO to info files because it thinks they are non compliant) and you can't even turn that off! So I will talk to another NFO tool creator to ask if he can incorporate this.

edited March 19

@casperse said:

@SlrG said:
    @casperse:
    I gave it a try, but it doesn't work. The plex field for the actor thumb seems to take an url only. Putting a local path and filename into it makes plex show no actor at all. Loading the thumb and assigning the cached content to the field doesn't work either. So at the moment there is nothing in my knowledge I can do to assign local actor thumbs. Sorry.

@SlrG: Thank You so much for trying! :) for a moment I was actually hoping all these locally stored actor thumbs would be usefull ;-)

@orbtwin-plex: Could you share a couple of lines from your NFO file showing the actor links? (I tried EMBER and I am not happy, it renamed all my existing NFO to info files because it thinks they are non compliant) and you can't even turn that off! So I will talk to another NFO tool creator to ask if he can incorporate this.

here you are...
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2vZ6lUhEr87UEh0UldjZ2cxM1E

Ember has 1xxxxxxxx milions of options ... the one you mentioned has to be "un-checked" if you want to scan for first time your folders previously scanned with another media manager...If don't Ember rename *.nfo to *.info ... It's a useless option i think...but it's simply than search in windows explorer for files named like that...and delete.
    For actor thumbs you need the .actor folder and the url in the *.nfo to show in PMS and other Plex apps...i think the more relevant it's the URL because ...PMS download from...
    In my opinion the path to read such things it's inconsistent in PLEX and KODI too...because everybody will be happier with a centralized folder for .actors ... I have 1xxxxxx copies of Tom Hanks thumbs across my movies!

@sirg
    where can i see the banner for tv-series! in PMS ?

@orbtwin-plex
    AFAIK there is no native banner mode where you can see it. But I'm not using plex very often anymore other when checking things for the agents development. So I might be wrong.

ok ... thanks for the info.
    there is things like banner, logo, clearart ... etc...that i would like to see (someday) in a Plex Player (like PMP...my fav)
    the same in the PMS side...where tagline i.e are in the fields movie but isn't visible anymore.
    thats for your support!

• Dion250Dion250 Posts: 154Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having an issue with the TV NFO importer. It won't refresh metadata after I edit it. Then refresh it in Plex. Nothing happens.

However when using the Movie NFO importer. It refreshes metadata fine after I edit it in my NFO editor.

Do I have something setup wrong.. Bug with this plugin? With Plex?

Using this Plex version.
    Plex-Media-Server-1.2.7.2987-1bef33a for Windows.

No I don't think you have something wrong. I did not found a way yet to make the TV NFO importer refresh changed data. It does the same things the Movie NFO importer does, but somehow plex caches the info and doesn't refresh. It seems to be a plex thing. Only tip is to always create a new library.

• ussalaskamainussalaskamain Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Local actor images must by accessed by http: actor images have always been different. I run my old emby metadata folder on my synology web folder. And call the images using localhost. But I gave up it just was not worth the effort.

@SlrG said:
    No I don't think you have something wrong. I did not found a way yet to make the TV NFO importer refresh changed data. It does the same things the Movie NFO importer does, but somehow plex caches the info and doesn't refresh. It seems to be a plex thing. Only tip is to always create a new library.

It does scan the metadata on the initial load into the library. It just won't refresh after. That is going to be a pain if I edit stuff. Takes like 30minutes to rescan all that data :(

@Dion250
    I would really like to help you, but I don't know how. Any help is appreciated.

@ussalaskamain
    Thank you for the localhost tip. I'll try that. :)

• maiademaiade Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dion250 How are you doing refresh? I find that if you do it at the TV Show level it works fine, pretty sure it does at the Library level too. The only one that doesn't seem to work is the episode level. Library update doesn't as it just looks for new episodes or file name changes.

@maiade said:
    @Dion250 How are you doing refresh? I find that if you do it at the TV Show level it works fine, pretty sure it does at the Library level too. The only one that doesn't seem to work is the episode level. Library update doesn't as it just looks for new episodes or file name changes.

I was doing the refresh option which is metadata. and you're right.. It does refresh at the TV level just not the episodes. Hopefully this bug can be fixed.. or feature added?

edited April 3

Been looking some more at actor images and support is very basic. I think I will have a go at putting a feature request together.

edited April 6

@SlrG I have stopped trying to get the local actor images to be accepted as input for the actor image url. Instead I have set up a single directory to store all actor images. Plex can only deal with one image url for an actor anyway so you cannot get it to do cast shots for each show. I have installed apache on my media server and created an actors directory in the standard html directory.

In the TV plugin I found
    for actor in nfoXML.xpath('actor'):
    role = metadata.roles.new()
    try: role.name = actor.xpath("name")[0].text
    except:
    role.name = "unknown"
    try: role.role = actor.xpath("role")[0].text
    except:
    role.role = "unknown"

I replace thed try that adds the url with this.
    try:
    actorimagefilename = actor.xpath("name")[0].text
    actorimagefilename = actorimagefilename.replace(" ", "_")+'.jpg'
    actorimage = '/var/www/html/actors/'+actorimagefilename
    if os.path.isfile(actorimage):
    role.photo = 'http://serveraddress/actors/'+actorimagefilename
    Log(str(actorimage))
    So far it seems to work ok.

• metaMMAmetaMMA Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to create some custom .nfo files for MMA events. I'm curious if someone has an up-to-date list of the fields/tags that are displayed by Plex using this agent. As @robert.j.erickson mentioned, 'tagline' is no longer displayed. Thanks!

metaMMA - retrieving MMA event meta-data for Plex since 2017.

edited April 6

@metaMMA the problem is not limited to this agent it is a function of the client. If using the web client use get info and then view xml to see what metadata has been set.

@maiade:
    Thank you for investigating. :) I have no free time at the moment and could not look into it yet. Maybe next week I'll have a bit more time.

@metaMMA:
    The most up to date list is the source code of the agent. You can view it with any text editor. The tagline not showing anymore is a plex thing. The agent is not responsible.