If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What The Optimal Sizes / Demensions For Poster Art

TiTUSTiTUS Posts: 20Members
edited March 2012 in Windows
I'm trying to create some images for my poster artwork, but what are the optimal sizes or dimensions?

EDIT:
Also how do you change it in general? When I go to Change Artwork > Choose Poster and there's nothing there, it's just gray. I've got "Cancel" and "Select Image" but it's gray'd out I can't click "Select Image" and there's no images to choose from. Is there some way to add images? What am I missing?
information wants to be free

Comments

• TiTUSTiTUS Posts: 20Members
    Anyone?
    information wants to be free
  • drforbindrforbin Posts: 21Members ✭✭

There are no posters showing up because you probably haven't "matched" the movie to an agent(database).

Also, the dimensions I use for poster art are 200x300 (w x h).

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 29,609Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited April 2015
    drforbin wrote on April 25 2015, 4:42 AM: »

Also, the dimensions I use for poster art are 200x300 (w x h).

IMHO this is way too low if you use any other clients than Plex Web and mobile apps.

I'd say put in a hi-res version of the poster (~1000-2000px high, if you can obtain them), plex will scale it down for every client's needs accordingly.

Put it beside the movie file, plex will use it automatically if you named it correctly.

No need to use that 'Edit' dialog.

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • reycommreycomm Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i use 1000W x 1500H or 500W x 750H and they show up perfect

• BrianSmithBrianSmith Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is long dead, but I'll throw my 2¢ in anyway.

The standards for The Movie Database, where a lot of these posters come from, is:

A maximum resolution of 2000x3000
    A minimum resolution of 500x750
    Aspect ratio of 1:1.5 (2:3)

Sticking to those should keep you safe.

Brian