Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plugin Image Data

Pictures and stuff
Hey again,

I started to develop my own plug-in on 0.7.9 based on one of the originals. I replaced the 'icon-default.png' image and it was updated in the ui accordingly. However now that I try to replace the file with another one, the old won't budge. Is is cached somewhere or what am I missing?
YLE Areena plug-in Plex wiki | download

Comments

• jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,303Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Yes, Plex caches all image data you send back from plug-ins. They're stored in "~/Library/Application Support/Plex/userdata/Thumbnails". Unfortunately there's not really an easy way of telling which is which.

Your best option would be to rename the "~/Library/Application Support/Plex" folder to something else while you're developing - Plex will create a new one which you can work with, and you can delete the thumbnails folder whenever you need them to refresh. When you're done, rename the old folder back to its' original name. That way you won't lose any thumbnails and fanart associated with your video files.
  • ChrisTarczonChrisTarczon Posts: 160Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    That would have been nice to know :) But I did find that QuickLook works on the .tbn files.
  • FinxFinx Posts: 38Members
    You can determine the image file by looking at ~/Library/Logs/Plex.log when in debug mode. When the image gets loaded something like this is logged:

13:59:52 T:2687518496 M:290902016   DEBUG: Load /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Plex/userdata/Thumbnails/Programs/xxxxxxxx.tbn: 14.9ms

Then just delete that xxxxxxxx.tbn file from ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/userdata/Thumbnails as Jam already pointed out.
    YLE Areena plug-in Plex wiki | download