If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Library Won't Show up

The Library won't show up on my Wp7 using 9.6 and Plex Lite
Yeah, doesn't show up. It detects and connects to the server, saying it's a available, but doesn't list movies, music, or tv shows. When I had 9.52 earlier (which I completely uninstalled and rebooted before installing 9.6) it showed the Library, but obviously wouldn't play video. HOWEVER! Despite not displaying the library, if I search for the content, I can find it, and it plays. Just makes it difficult (especially for browsing music) to see what I have and want to watch. Other than that, I'm enjoying this program. Much more stable (and a Wp7 client! woooo!) than playon.

Comments

• mfeingolmfeingol Posts: 5,091Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    That's odd.

So are there any error messages in the library pivot? Do channels show?

The client is reading sections via /system/library/sections. So if you connect to that in a browser (http://<server>:32400/system/library/sections), what do you get?
  • jagiboyjagiboy Posts: 5Members
    I too have this problem. I have a hard time trying to get the libraries to show. I can search for an artist and the albums will show up and from which point on my libraries will also show up.

Surprisingly the libraries did show up correctly when I had the 0.9.5.3 version of the server running on my PC. The problem started happening only after I updated to the 9.6 beta version of the server.
  • mfeingolmfeingol Posts: 5,091Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    jagiboy:

Same questions as above.
    I usually do not see any error, the library screen simply stays blank. It does not list any channels either. In version 0.9.5.3 it did list iTunes as one of the channels.

The URL using the local ip (192.*.) shows a XML file. I get a server cannot be found error when using the external ip address.

Maybe I should try a router port forward?
    jagiboy:

Can you post the contents of /system/library/sections? A fairly empty XML file would be an issue on the server (and would match the symptom of the client showing a blank list), whereas an XML file with some content would imply an issue with the client downloading or rendering that content.

If /system/library/sections is empty, something to try is to delete system.bundle and framework.bundle from plugins, and restart PMS.
    This is what I get

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    -<MediaContainer identifier="com.plexapp.system" size="2" replaceParent="0" noHistory="0"> <Directory title="Music" port="32400" local="1" machineIdentifier="b628d8d3b5edd77b6eb131427977561560008bf6" path="/library/sections/1" serverName="Media-Center" host="184.106.15.239" serverVersion="0.9.6.0" type="artist" name="Music" unique="1" art="/:/resources/artist-fanart.jpg" key="aHR0cDovLzE4NC4xMDYuMTUuMjM5OjMyNDAwL2xpYnJhcnkvc2VjdGlvbnMvMQ__"/> <Directory title="Photos" port="32400" local="1" machineIdentifier="b628d8d3b5edd77b6eb131427977561560008bf6" path="/library/sections/4" serverName="Media-Center" host="184.106.15.239" serverVersion="0.9.6.0" type="photo" name="Photos" unique="1" art="/:/resources/photo-fanart.jpg" key="aHR0cDovLzE4NC4xMDYuMTUuMjM5OjMyNDAwL2xpYnJhcnkvc2VjdGlvbnMvNA__"/> </MediaContainer>
    That looks fairly okay.

So is this still happening with 0.9.6.2?
  • neilam13neilam13 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I'm having this same problem with my Lumia 900. I recently started using the service, so I don't know what it was like with previous versions, but using Plex on my Kindle Fire works just fine. My library and channels show up on the Kindle but not on my Lumia. The only way to view content on my Lumia is to search for it, but even that is hit or miss.
    So does /system/library/sections show up in a web browser? What about /system/plugins/all?
  • eortizreortizr Posts: 10Members
    Same issue here on Lumia 900, I was able to see the library when I first install it and the server version was 0.9.5.3, after trying to play a video I got the msg to update the server version to 9.6 which I did, after that I without exiting Plex on the phone I was able to browse the library and play videos,,, but once I exit out of the Plex app in the phone I have not been able to see the library again, I can search and play , but Library is just a blank screen.
  • etaducketaduck Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass
    mfeingol wrote:

So does /system/library/sections show up in a web browser? What about /system/plugins/all?

So same issue as OP. Nothing shows up in my Library, but I can search and play videos without any issue.
    I do have a nook tablet with the android app, and that works just fine.

I do remember there being more items when I first started the server in the xml file, but I rebuilt my libary (moved a bunch of folders around and just found it easier to start from scratch)
    that said, this is what is currently in the following locations,

/system/plugins/all
    <MediaContainer noHistory="0" replaceParent="0" size="0" identifier="com.plexapp.system"/>

/system/library/sections
    <MediaContainer noHistory="0" replaceParent="0" size="0" identifier="com.plexapp.system"/>

It has been several hours since I rebuilt the libary and I have reinstalled the app on my phone, but still no go.

Not sure what the phone is pulling from that is different from the Android and Roku App. But if there is any way to rebuild that library but be apprciated.

Regards,

Eric
  • r-tech73r-tech73 Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hey guys -

This issue continues to dog my experience with my Windows Phones (all 4 of them that I've had). Libraries show up on every other device (Google TV, iPhone, iPad, etc.) but not on my WP7 (or now my WP8) device.

When I upgraded the server, the library started showing up (albiet after about 20 seconds of startin the app), but afte about a week or so it's back to nothing. I can search to find what I want, but no library.

Have we come any closer to figuring out why this issue persists?

I'd be happy to help investigate!

Ron
  • theos244theos244 Posts: 1Members
    Just loaded up Plex on my HTC 8X and having the same issue. Can search to find shows and play them, but the library doesn't show anything. Anyone have any answer for this?
  • nschmdtnschmdt Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I am having problems with the newest update of PMS as well. Mine is a tad different though. I can see the library and select the movies or tv shows, but I get an error when I try to play them on my media player:

[attachment=13332:wp_ss_20121127_0001.png]
  • oyvind-toyvind-t Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Having simler problems, first of all, my server will not autodetext. I have to enter the IP adress maunally. When entering the ip adress, it shows up as available in the server page. Hovever, when pressing the home button, I get an errormessage saying the server is not available. It is however possible to search the Library, and play the files.
  • BigPlexFanBigPlexFan Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    This issue was SOLVED by unchecking "Require authentication on local networks", even if I connected using myplex to the remote server.
  • greinergreiner Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    BigPlexFan wrote:

This issue was SOLVED by unchecking "Require authentication on local networks", even if I connected using myplex to the remote server.

Thanks! This solve my Problem too
  • Carma79Carma79 Posts: 2Members
    edited June 2013

Hi all,

I do have the same problem, since last plex server update:

below the http://127.0.0.1:324...ibrary/sections content:

-<MediaContainer identifier="com.plexapp.system" size="2" replaceParent="0" noHistory="0"><Directory title="Movies" type="movie" thumb="/:/resources/movie.png" port="32400" local="1" machineIdentifier="164c1d7d628abda9d3eb714274a4acad12f3e56e" path="/library/sections/1" serverName="Carlo-PC" host="212.52.82.27" uuid="5baa0570-00cb-4740-8348-13a72855c4eb" serverVersion="0.9.7.28-f80a4a2" name="Movies" unique="1" art="/:/resources/movie-fanart.jpg" key="aHR0cDovLzIxMi41Mi44Mi4yNzozMjQwMC9saWJyYXJ5L3NlY3Rpb25zLzE_"/><Directory title="TV Shows" type="show" thumb="/:/resources/show.png" port="32400" local="1" machineIdentifier="164c1d7d628abda9d3eb714274a4acad12f3e56e" path="/library/sections/2" serverName="Carlo-PC" host="212.52.82.27" uuid="906e2c91-34f9-42ba-bf4f-f7c8c94919cc" serverVersion="0.9.7.28-f80a4a2" name="TV Shows" unique="1" art="/:/resources/show-fanart.jpg" key="aHR0cDovLzIxMi41Mi44Mi4yNzozMjQwMC9saWJyYXJ5L3NlY3Rpb25zLzI_"/></MediaContainer>

The same page on the WP7 (http://serveraddress:32400/library/sections) Device only show:

-<MediaContainer identifier="com.plexapp.system" size="0" replaceParent="0" noHistory="0">

Players work fine on android, xbox, and pc client. I only have issue with WP7 apps

The "Require authentication on local networks" did not fix my issue.

There is some hint?

Thanks!

• rarevrarev Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2013
    nschmdt wrote on November 28 2012, 4:26 AM: »

I am having problems with the newest update of PMS as well. Mine is a tad different though. I can see the library and select the movies or tv shows, but I get an error when I try to play them on my media player:

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20121127_0001.png

I'm getting almost the same error. I don't have "Require authentication on local networks" checked. My error displays "Not Found" in stead of "Not Authorized". /system/library/sections also shows a 404, not found. WTF?

BTW. It shows my server as available

• the_writing_criticthe_writing_critic Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am also getting the same error