If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

xbox 360 app not DNLA?

jmcgeejrjmcgeejr Posts: 3,032Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
Just curious if the plex developers have thought about submitting an app for the 360, sadly DNLA is too poor on the xbox, no 1080p (at least not for me it's too choppy), and scrolling through movies is painful.

Comments

• Atekk920Atekk920 Posts: 1Members
    +1 to this, an app for 360 would be awesome!
  • lazyboneslazybones Posts: 953Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    The app approval process for Xbox360 is very expensive, and costs the developers for EVERY update they submit. The next dash update for the 360 will include a webbrowser with the ability to play streaming content, I suspect one of the two web clients will work with it.
  • DedrenDedren Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just curious if the plex developers have thought about submitting an app for the 360, sadly DNLA is too poor on the xbox, no 1080p (at least not for me it's too choppy), and scrolling through movies is painful.

I can't even find how to get Plex to stream to the Xbox via DLNA. I have PMS on my Mac and am trying to stream to my Xbox 360. Google search is just turning up these forums with how to.
  • jmcgeejrjmcgeejr Posts: 3,032Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Dedren wrote:

I can't even find how to get Plex to stream to the Xbox via DLNA. I have PMS on my Mac and am trying to stream to my Xbox 360. Google search is just turning up these forums with how to.

If you have eyetv installed it's dnla blocks plex dlna.