If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Infinitiv4 and live streaming of shows and plex

mmoore5553mmoore5553 Posts: 3Members
I am just confused on reading everything but here is what i am trying to do. I need a streaming player that will give me live tv instead of putting a dvr device. i would like to play live tv at times using plex and infinitv4 card. I would also like record shows to be able to play them. I have right now plex doing dvd rips from our movies which works for me but wife and kids want live tv from our cable company . Then to record some shows and then able to get to them.

I am unable to run cable as how a couple of the rooms where done and on the second floor. Please let me know what i can do. What format does it record in. Also would silicon dust hdhomerun 3 be better ?

right now i am using a plex client on a roku 2 to get the movies to the middle floor. I do have laptops if that would be better and do what i want but the roku's would be nicer as they are smaller.