From the Developers - If there is any news, it's in here!
In this topic we will try and keep you up to date with any changes or announcements we want to share with you guys.
Some of you requested a thread that they can watch without having to scroll trough dozens of pages to learn where we stand, so here it is.
We will also post general up-to-date answers here, so we don't have to reply to every post with questions that have been asked before.
So if your answer can be found here, don't expect a developer to reply to your post.
The Beta program is over.
There used to be a version that could be installed under a developer account,
but since we are out of beta, the app is only available through the official App-Store on your device.
Don't ask for a server IP or a file to do a manual install, there are none. period. We are not in need of any beta testers at the moment.
I can't see the App in the App-Store on my device, help!
Currently all devices are supported. If you can not see Plex in the store, try searching under the Video category, it should be there.
Why did my device not get the latest update?
When we submit the app we submit it for all modelgroups in the hope they will all pass the samsung tests.
This is however not always the case, so some modelgroups have a newer version than others.
This doesn't mean you will be stuck with that version forever, only that you will have to wait another round and hope it passes with the fixes we did.
These models can only run version 1.0 of the app, version 2.0 will NOT work on these
2010: v1.020 (last version, no more updates)
2011: v1.020 (last version, no more updates) (except for TV D6003 models they have 1.006)
Models compatible with version 1.0 and 2.0:
My device is not listed as compatible on the Samsung site, does that mean I will not be able to install it?
No, as long as your model supports either Internet@TV or Smart Hub, chances are high you can install the app.
Visit the AppStore inside your TV or BD player and look under Video apps.
Your App does not support all things that the desktop versions does, will you be adding these features?
- Music Library - supported after v1.000
- Photos Library - supported after v1.000
- myPlex Login - supported after v1.000 (Uses PIN to login, same as the Roku)
- Transcoding - supported after v1.000 (2010 devices still have problems with it)
- Watch Later- supported after v1.000
- Recommendations - supported after v1.000
- Shared Content - supported after v1.000
- Video Channels - supported after v1.000
- Music Channels - supported after v1.000
- Photo Channels- supported after v1.000
- Channel Directory - supported after v1.000
- Home and Fast user switching - supported after v2.000
- Trailers and Extras - supported after v2.000
- Companion (flinging to TV)- supported after v2.006
What containers or codecs should I use to ensure my Samsung device can 'Direct Play' my content?
This list will show you good combinations of containers and codecs.
Don't mix them around and try to stick to the standards.
If your movie does not comply with this list, the player will start 'transcoding' your movie automatically, in an attempt to play it that way.
You can bring up the bottom OSD during playback so see which type of playback it is using.
What are the formats that are supported by this App?.
Check out this list supplied by Samsung:
Last Update: 28-01-2017